Thread: Issue tuning 2011 CTS V

Potential Tuner

Issue tuning 2011 CTS V

Hey what?s up everyone, I?m having trouble tuning my V. I am currently doing a everything I can think of but I?m stuck. The car only has a couple bolt ons: ported ls3 TB, airaid intake, and full exhaust with cooling mods. I started with a MAF tune by turning off all the necessities like DFCO, PE, COT, etc. then once my numbers were within 5% I switched to tuning the VVE. (I made the necessary change in my scalar value for the larger TB.) I then disconnected the MAF (physically and set frequency to 0) along with disabling DFCO, PE and COT and codes 101-103 to Mil on first error. Got some base numbers and tried to copy and paste -% from my STFTs to my VVE table. The trouble is the numbers don?t seem to be changing very much, but the graph shows other wise. Then all of a sudden the numbers start to change and get further from 0. So I left it alone slept on it got up did a data log and the numbers were reasonable a couple spots needed ironing out which I tried and not much seemed to change. Does this take a while to change? Also I noticed with the same tune loaded I got vastly different results on my STFT table. I also don?t know how to paste pictures or send a tune to show what?s going on. Any help would be great. Thanks

Is one of the IAT's built into the MAF?

If so you can't unplug, just fail it in the tune correctly is all you need to do. You can also log the MAF sensor status to make sure it's failed.

Are you applying the changes to both the open/closed switch tables in the VVE editor?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is one of the IAT's built into the MAF?

If so you can't unplug, just fail it in the tune correctly is all you need to do. You can also log the MAF sensor status to make sure it's failed.

Are you applying the changes to both the open/closed switch tables in the VVE editor?
    ^^^ What he said. Do not unplug the maf. Just fail it in the tune and set the frequency to some very low numbers not 0. I've heard that setting it to zero can make goofy things happen. Also, with your mods your CL (part throttle) tuning won't vary too much from stock. I've got a 2.35" pulley and intake on mine and my lower maf frequencies is very close to stock. Did you make sure you started logging after the car was fully warmed up? That will definitely affect your STFT readings
    Last edited by sgod1100; 07-25-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It helps to filter data on IVT above a certain temp, coolant and/or oil temp above a threshold, and injector tip temp within a range. Also can filter for throttle change below a certain threshold using the slope function in the filter.
    All of this will help get reliable and repeatable data. And yes, don't unplug the MAF.