Thread: Are DTC events captured in the scan log?

Potential Tuner

Are DTC events captured in the scan log?

Does the VCM scanner log DTC events so you can see when they occur and under what conditions? When collecting the scan, I heard the idle drop (@11m:45s) and that's when I think the DTC code occurred. Any insight or help is appreciated.

Tune and scan attached.

Thanks,
    C
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not that I know of. If you where scanning at the time of a DTC's, you can click the icon and pull the codes while logging but once the log is saved you won't see that DTC anywhere in the log. Like I can't see anything when I view that log you posted.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the input. Do you see anything wrong that stands out in the tune or log? I think the IAT #'s are high because I was scanning while it stationary.

Are you refering to the Diagnostics and Info icon?

Can you see the DTC's in the Details tab on the bottom left of the scan screen? I can see Details tab when I download and view the file from my orig post.

Thanks,
    C

I see a listed current code of 2101 and 2135 but there isn't like a time stamp or anything like that to see when it happened.

Was the log started with present codes or was everything cleared before hand?

Those DTC's will cause a REP issue though because they directly related to the throttle body. Could be a wiring issue or throttle body itself.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Gotcha.

There were no codes when I started.

Scan was while it's stationary on a trailer, so I'm not sure about REP. The throttle stopped responding after the RPM dip at @11m:45s

Here is the second log a few minutes later and after I cleared the codes. I was trying to reproduce the DTC and could not.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I'm still chasing an occasional REP from a P2135 code (throttle position sensors) and finally captured it on a scan log. It happened around 22m:17s and stalled the engine.

Is the issue that the accel pedal position sensors #1 and #2 never changed throughout the log?

Please take a look and let me know if anything jumps out as an issue.

TIA