Thread: REP Limp Mode code TCS1278

Tuner

REP Limp Mode code TCS1278

Hello all, I'm having an issue that's been going on for awhile now. This only happens in 1st gear pulls. 9 times out of 10 when it goes into REP Mode it will toss codes TSC1278 and every once in awhile it will toss out 1516. With the suggestion of a member on here i lowered the boost to 17ish and it will not REP at all. Tried over over for weeks and could not get it to REP. Same results when i took boost off and ran it N/A. No issues at all. Figuring this out is much beyond my tuning skills if it is a tuning issue. Any help is very appreciated. I poster tune and some logs. Disregard Stoich # i'm mixing fuels.

C5 corvette 1999,6.0 ,6mn, ls2 TB, F-1x running 25lbs boost.
    Last edited by racerx203; 07-21-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

TSC1278 isn't a code in the DTC's list, is that correct?

Don't take this the wrong way but I am at a loss for words on how the tune is setup. I have no idea how it can even run with the VE table like that. There are more spikes, dips, valleys in there than I have ever seen in someones tune. There are a bunch of zero's where it would be at idle too.

And the timing tables do not make much sense. How you can get away with 30-40 degrees of timing under boost is beyond me.

I can't honestly tell you if the REP issues are because that computer has reached a limit with this extreme setup of it's because so much else is wrong.

Are you running 66lb/hr injectors when your signiture says 80's. Or is the fuel pressure bumped way down?

Is the tune scaled? Have you tried creating a wideband error to try and clean up all the fueling?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yes the 1278 is in dtc.
    Yes 80s and scaled.
    I run a wideband and everything is go. The ve numbers are skewed because I run tons of Meth. I am dependent on meth tune so if my 2 pumps go down my engine goes boom.
    The car yes running great except for the REP.

I don't see the P1278 listed though. I have the most up to date software too.

Not saying it's not a code but it's not in that list for that cars file. It skips right over it, goes from P1276 to P1280. I even googled the code and nothing comes up.

I'm probably not much help past this, I would have given up on a stock computer long ago and gone straight to a holley system that can do your setup far easier and have zero problems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I'm sorry it's in my car dtc. Yes hp does not have that feature. So your saying holly has that feature to turn off tcs1278 or tune around it??

Advanced Tuner
    your VE table is crazy....

that will likely be causing you a heap of back ground issues.

what MAP?

Tuner
    3Bar, Again this only happens in 1st gear. When i run 17ish lbs of boost i have no issues what so ever. I'll hate to lower the boost becasue engine is set up to handle the powe'r so it's a waste if i can't utilize what the engine can handle.
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

Tuner in Training
    UpdTE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TUNE IT WAS A LOOSE CONNECTION FROM TB TO TAC. KNOW I HAVE NO TRATION IN FRIST SO I CAN REALLY USE IT ANYWAY BUT ITS NICE TO KNOW ITS THERE I KNOW THE TUNE LOOKS CRAZY BUT ITS SPOT ON FOR MY ENGINE.