Thread: Stranded! On 3 single turbo 4.8 gmc

Potential Tuner

Stranded! On 3 single turbo 4.8 gmc

so finished installing single turbo kit from on 3 performance. Truck is a 2000 gmc sierra 4.8 bone stock. After downloading tune and writing vehicle with it engine cranks but no turn. Reinstalled stock tune and still nothing. Is there something i can do to fix the thing? Please help.

Advanced Tuner
    dude, there is nothing we can do without a tune or a log. check for active codes. turn off vats. make sure you put in the correct info for the map sensor. disconnect battery and connect again.
    Last edited by ns158sl; 07-21-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What do you mean downloading a tune? Did you write a random tune from the repository?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    dude, there is nothing we can do without a tune or a log. check for active codes. turn off vats. make sure you put in the correct info for the map sensor. disconnect battery and connect again.
    sorry here is the vcm scanner file of me trying countless times to fire up, keep in mind im a newb so easy on the shaming
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I did it was fairly close to what I have but since then truck wont turn over

Ok brah.

You need to think of this internet forum as a repair shop or something of the sorts.

You still have provided nearly ZERO information about the vehicle other than what engine it has and what you did to it, with that being a turbo. Nobody really walks into a shop and throws them the keys and just says fix it without giving a detailed list of what the problems are.

What we need from you is the tune file, the parts list. I'm talking injectors, the MAP sensor you bought and all that shit.

You also need to know how things work with the software and how the computer spits out information in the logs so you can trouble shoot your problems.

You should never write a different tune into your computer that isn't yours. All that did was costs you 2 more credits over the 2 credits it cost you to license the first file you pulled from the computer. If all you did was copy information, that is fine but you still need to know that the information you are taking is correct.

The log already shows several issues. The commanded AFR is 24. The MAP sensor is reading 45kpa when the engine is off. The MAP should be reading about 100kpa at sea level and or slightly less depending on your elevation. The MAF sensor should probably be failed for a speed density turbo setup, if that is incorrect it won't want to start nicely.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

worse then a newb

On 3 70mm Journal turbo
    On 3 44mm vbanded wastegate 6-7psi
    On 3 50mm Blow off valve
    On 3 3″ core air to air intercooler
    On 3 55# injectors
    On 3 2 bar map sensor
    On 3 E85 safe fuel pump 320 lph
    everything else is stock 4.8 53k miles
    had P0336 P0337 come up earlier.

Potential Tuner
    so in ur first post u put will crank. then in a post a little later u said it wont crank. So will the truck crank over and u just have no fire or what

A few things.

You are still running the stock operating system but are using a 2 bar MAP sensor. The tune has the 1 bar MAP sensor information, it won't want to start with a 2 bar MAP installed.

You need to apply the 2 bar or 3 bar OS under the OS tab. Then plug in the correct MAP sensor data for the 2 bar MAP you bought. Doing this upgrade will require that the new 2/3 bar VE table be populated with new data before it can run.

If the truck is running the stock fuel pressure of 58psi, the injector flow rate information is wrong. It currently has 48lb/hr and you bought 55lb/hr injectors.

Disabled VATS under the systems tab too.

Change the cylinder volume back to 4.8 settings. It currently thinks it has a 5.3 installed.

If the Mass Airflow sensor was removed (which it should be on a turbo setup on this kind of computer), the MAF has to be disabled properly by setting the MAF fail high to 0hz under the engine diag tab and the 3 MAF dtc's set to MIL on first error.

Lots of reading and research must be done on your part so you can try to get things going. Otherwise I do suggest going straight to a shop that tunes for a living. This won't be a easy thing to learn on and popping a piston is pretty easy to do.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by monteguy90 View Post
    so in ur first post u put will crank. then in a post a little later u said it wont crank. So will the truck crank over and u just have no fire or what
    it cranks everytime , on the vcm scanner log that I put up earlier I guess you can say it does turn over but immediately bogs out I thought it was fuel pump but its sending fuel just fine

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A few things.

You are still running the stock operating system but are using a 2 bar MAP sensor. The tune has the 1 bar MAP sensor information, it won't want to start with a 2 bar MAP installed.

You need to apply the 2 bar or 3 bar OS under the OS tab. Then plug in the correct MAP sensor data for the 2 bar MAP you bought. Doing this upgrade will require that the new 2/3 bar VE table be populated with new data before it can run.

If the truck is running the stock fuel pressure of 58psi, the injector flow rate information is wrong. It currently has 48lb/hr and you bought 55lb/hr injectors.

Change the cylinder volume back to 4.8 settings. It currently thinks it has a 5.3 installed.

If the Mass Airflow sensor was removed (which it should be on a turbo setup on this kind of computer), the MAF has to be disabled properly by setting the MAF fail high to 0hz under the engine diag tab and the 3 MAF dtc's set to MIL on first error.

Lots of reading and research must be done on your part so you can try to get things going. Otherwise I do suggest going straight to a shop that tunes for a living. This won't be a easy thing to learn on and popping a piston is pretty easy to do.
    greatly appreciate the help man ill try the things you have wrote and without a doubt do more research on my end.

Potential Tuner
    A few things.

so I did some of what you told me yesterday and would appreciate if you looked over the new files and helped me out some more (im sure I will) id appreciate it.

Where are your 02 Sensors located? Where is your IAT located? Intake Air Temp is showing -38. You need to copy the original VE table into the 2 bar version from 15-105 kpa. Then copy the last line (105 kpa) and paste to 110-210 kpa.

The MAP linear and offset settings need to be changed as well. I have no idea what MAP sensor On3 sells but the settings surely are not 100/10.33 for a 2 bar sensor.

As said above the VE needs to be populated with data and the IAT sensor needs to be installed and working.

Potential Tuner
    The MAP linear and offset settings need to be changed as well. I have no idea what MAP sensor On3 sells but the settings surely are not 100/10.33 for a 2 bar sensor.

As said above the VE needs to be populated with data and the IAT sensor needs to be installed and working.
    my iat is built in with the MAF how would I make that work?

Is the MAF still installed? If not you need to remove the 2 IAT wires from the MAF plug and wire them into an IAT elsewhere.

Buy a separate IAT sensor that is used on the early LS1 cars and take the two IAT wires from the MAF harness, then pin them to the sensor.

Or install the MAF sensor after the air filter if you don't want to do any wiring. The MAF can just stay there and be used for the IAT sensor but it just looks out of place if it's really not being used.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith View Post
    Is the MAF still installed? If not you need to remove the 2 IAT wires from the MAF plug and wire them into an IAT elsewhere.
    it wasn't connected or installed and the o2 sensors are connected thoughout the the exhaust piping
    Last edited by Jmoney1592; 07-22-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added info