Thread: How to log MAF

Tuner in Training

How to log MAF

Hi guys I'm still having troubles trying to log my MAF on 2018 GT. I have the PID for MAF vs Period in my channels list in the scanner. But as soon as I start recording a log, that channel disappears. Any ideas on whats up with this, it also does same for other channels such as mapped point weight, VCT schd. All the basic running PIDs still work as normal eg: speed, rpm, fuel trim, O2 and widebands.

How do you log your MAF otherwise?

Advanced Tuner
    this has been addressed already, you have a PID causing a conflict and this makes almost all other go gray.

Advanced Tuner
    I would contact support regarding this. They need to know. I can't imagine having this problem with important channels, I would be pretty frustrated.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    It's gotta work, I did a 2018 5.0 mustang, worked good for me. You must have something configured funky or something

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I would contact support regarding this. They need to know. I can't imagine having this problem with important channels, I would be pretty frustrated.
    it doesn't happen with important channels, it's usually some random obscure PID that causes it. Every important PID works

Advanced Tuner
    Oh OK. In that case it's best practice to slim down channels you don't absolutely need anyways, for better resolution.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    Well guys some success at last. I took into account what you have said Jn2, I cleared the list and started from scratch. Logged RPM>SPEED>FUEL TRIMS as a basic list. No Problems, just added a single channel MAF v Period. Doesn't log, just disappears. Cleared the whole lot again, just added Maf V Per, nothing!!!

Now I just installed VCM scanner BETA.... bingo all channels work, as many as you like, and yes Maf V Period works!!!! WTF

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by als008 View Post
    Well guys some success at last. I took into account what you have said Jn2, I cleared the list and started from scratch. Logged RPM>SPEED>FUEL TRIMS as a basic list. No Problems, just added a single channel MAF v Period. Doesn't log, just disappears. Cleared the whole lot again, just added Maf V Per, nothing!!!

Now I just installed VCM scanner BETA.... bingo all channels work, as many as you like, and yes Maf V Period works!!!! WTF
    I only ever use BETA, I never bother using the other one

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I only ever use BETA, I never bother using the other one
    Even the BETA version of Editor to Flash/Write the tune back in??

Advanced Tuner
    Post a log where it doesn't work.