Thread: Saleen Fuel Pump

Saleen Fuel Pump

Does anyone know what perameter changes would be necessary for an 05 Saleen Fuel pump upgrade to fuel Pump m-9407-gt05? I have a guy that came in saying the ECU needs to be flashed after he upgrades from the factory stock fuel pump to the new dual pump design m-9407-gt05. I havent pulled the tune file on it yet, however, looking at a 05 saleen file from the repository under the Fuel System Tab, I see there is a Table for Desired Voltage. Would anyone have a clue where I could get the perameters from to update the Fuel Pump?

Thank you

Update:

So I called Ford Performance and they are telling me that it is a Variable Displacement Pump. I think I got that term right. Anyways, He told me to call Eric Brooks here at HPT and I figured that would be impossible. Isnt he tailed by the Secret Service or Something like that? But any ways, So I am guessing, what I would need to do is make some pulls on the Dyno and monitor the fuel pressure and AFR, and decide based on those readings, I would make changes to the Desired Voltage Table. Since this is a return-less fuel system that voltage table tells it to supply only enough based upon demand. Am I close here or Way the F Off?

As far as I know the power level of this Saleen is only bolt-on's, no internal mods. Would someone have a clue what perameter changes would get me into the ballpark? or if its still stock id be fine?

Thank you,

Tuner in Training
    Use the 2007 GT500 voltage table.Also set fuel pump Gain proportional,integal,derivative to the GT500 settings. That should get you very close

Tuner in Training
    I believe the ecm uses base voltage table for reference , after first start it relearns as needed
    Last edited by Mfdcar51; 07-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    yea it has a pump voltage kam table the fuel pump voltage table is only used when the kam memory is wiped

its not required to update the table the vehicle will run fine.

The proper way to dial in the fuel pump table is just like every other table. Log the x axis fuel flow and the y axis delta pressure and plot the z pump voltage on a histogram. Get enough data from driving around and you can plug in the actual data.

If you have th ability you can also read the saved fuel pump voltage table from kam byte by byte and plug those in as well.

Either way and you will end up with the same results.

Again it should be done but is not neccessary. It will not affect driveability.