Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to log MAF

  1. #1
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24

    How to log MAF

    Hi guys I'm still having troubles trying to log my MAF on 2018 GT. I have the PID for MAF vs Period in my channels list in the scanner. But as soon as I start recording a log, that channel disappears. Any ideas on whats up with this, it also does same for other channels such as mapped point weight, VCT schd. All the basic running PIDs still work as normal eg: speed, rpm, fuel trim, O2 and widebands.

    How do you log your MAF otherwise?

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    869
    this has been addressed already, you have a PID causing a conflict and this makes almost all other go gray.

  3. #3
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    394
    I would contact support regarding this. They need to know. I can't imagine having this problem with important channels, I would be pretty frustrated.
    Knock Retard is like a Horsepower Tax: (+) Knock Retard = Less Net Power, (--) Knock Retard = More Net Power.

    2014 Mustang GT Premium. TVS Supercharged with triple-pass HE. 4C Converter. GT-500 exhaust with resonator delete.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

  4. #4
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    394
    It's gotta work, I did a 2018 5.0 mustang, worked good for me. You must have something configured funky or something

  5. #5
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I would contact support regarding this. They need to know. I can't imagine having this problem with important channels, I would be pretty frustrated.
    it doesn't happen with important channels, it's usually some random obscure PID that causes it. Every important PID works

  6. #6
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    394
    Oh OK. In that case it's best practice to slim down channels you don't absolutely need anyways, for better resolution.
    Knock Retard is like a Horsepower Tax: (+) Knock Retard = Less Net Power, (--) Knock Retard = More Net Power.

    2014 Mustang GT Premium. TVS Supercharged with triple-pass HE. 4C Converter. GT-500 exhaust with resonator delete.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

  7. #7
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24
    Well guys some success at last. I took into account what you have said Jn2, I cleared the list and started from scratch. Logged RPM>SPEED>FUEL TRIMS as a basic list. No Problems, just added a single channel MAF v Period. Doesn't log, just disappears. Cleared the whole lot again, just added Maf V Per, nothing!!!

    Now I just installed VCM scanner BETA.... bingo all channels work, as many as you like, and yes Maf V Period works!!!! WTF

  8. #8
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by als008 View Post
    Well guys some success at last. I took into account what you have said Jn2, I cleared the list and started from scratch. Logged RPM>SPEED>FUEL TRIMS as a basic list. No Problems, just added a single channel MAF v Period. Doesn't log, just disappears. Cleared the whole lot again, just added Maf V Per, nothing!!!

    Now I just installed VCM scanner BETA.... bingo all channels work, as many as you like, and yes Maf V Period works!!!! WTF
    I only ever use BETA, I never bother using the other one

  9. #9
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    I only ever use BETA, I never bother using the other one
    Even the BETA version of Editor to Flash/Write the tune back in??

  10. #10
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    394
    Post a log where it doesn't work.