Thread: Resto mod trouble Open loop when ECT going too high lost power

Resto mod trouble Open loop when ECT going too high lost power

Corvette 66 with 5.3 and 4l60e on a tci trans tool

we have a BIG trouble.

ECT is going crazy and once it reach 268, car switch to openloop and i have ZERO power after

see log fil at 5:52

it command 12.99 then i lost everything

we try unpluging the ECT harness
    we try to make an open loop file and command 14.7 to test it.

i really need some help...

700r4 was reaplace w/4l60 and we replace the dash with a digital one.
    so we think a wire or bad ground but we cant find it

ECT gauge in car is around 210 but the ECT in hptuners is going crazy.
    we made a test with a digital thermometer and the value is around 205

i just want to eliminate the calibration trouble before going elsewhere

19-07-21 21-03-58.hpl
    TEST1.hpt

this is the open loop test we made
    openloop test.hpt
    Last edited by elerico; 07-22-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Try setting P0116 & P0128 to No Error Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Try setting P0116 & P0128 to No Error Reported.
    Dont have any dtc except map and its already set to no error

Get a new temp sensor if the computer is reading way higher than a temp gun.

Or you have a horrible air pocket in the drivers side cylinder head right next to the temp sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Get a new temp sensor if the computer is reading way higher than a temp gun.

Or you have a horrible air pocket in the drivers side cylinder head right next to the temp sensor.

Ok but why the car switch to openloop and command 12.99 ? At 5:52 in the log

Probably hit some sort of limp code/overtemp protection. 270 degrees is going to melt stuff down if the temp really go that hot and if you had all this installed in a truck with all the CAN-BUS features and cluster working it would be screaming a bunch of stuff at you to shut it off.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Those two codes don't have to be set for the tests they run in the background to cause some really weird shit to happen. But I understand how much time and money it would cost you to disable them and write the tune so I guess it's best to go chasing down a bunch of other stuff first, eh?

Probably hit some sort of limp code/overtemp protection. 270 degrees is going to melt stuff down if the temp really go that hot and if you had all this installed in a truck with all the CAN-BUS features and cluster working it would be screaming a bunch of stuff at you to shut it off.
    Enfine never go over 215
    But yes. Look like I hit something and car run in limpmode

I know the engine never really was getting that warm but the computer says it was based on the sensor readings. That is where we think the limp/protection mode is coming from.

I'd still replace the sensor with a new AC delco unit for good measure, then bleed the cooling system of air the best you can. After that see if the coolant temp through the scanner/computer match with the temp sensor you rigged up.

I know the engine never really was getting that warm but the computer says it was based on the sensor readings. That is where we think the limp/protection mode is coming from.

I'd still replace the sensor with a new AC delco unit for good measure, then bleed the cooling system of air the best you can. After that see if the coolant temp through the scanner/computer match with the temp sensor you rigged up.

We already tey a new sensor
    Bleeding the system is the next thing

Do i have another option if i got the same trouvle after the bleeding ?