Thread: How to assign certain cylinders to an o2 180 degree headers

Potential Tuner

How to assign certain cylinders to an o2 180 degree headers

Hi guys I have a set of 180 degree headers in a Porsche 911 that?s got an ls1 swap. Question is with each header being connected to both sides of the engine can I assign 2 cylinders from one bank and 2 from the other to one o2 and vice versa so I can still run my narrow bands and how do I set this on HP I remeber seeing back in the day a post the said you can add cylinder to bank map. cheers Reece

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrRPJ; 07-22-2019 at 08:25 PM.

We can't do that, that's not something you can program.

Seems your only option is to pick a cylinder on each bank and weld on a bung into that runner on the header if you wanted to run narrowbands. It's not ideal but could work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Really I have read another post on here where a meme we had 180 headers and said that he could switch the 2 center cylinders with the opposite side?

How could that work?

The o2 sensor can only trim fuel for one side. How could the computer know that cylinders 2 and 8 are on bank two but 4 and 6 are plumbed into bank one?

We don't even have individual injector control, it's going to try and give each injector the same amount of fuel to inject each time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.