Thread: Did 4.4.4 lose the Virtual VE function?`

Tuner

Did 4.4.4 lose the Virtual VE function?`

Trying to tune a customers 2010 Camaro today and haven't used the bluecat tool since the virtual VE function was added. I updated to the latest version and now don't have the VE function and cant find a working link to the Bluecat tool?

Am I missing something here? I'm kind of stuck here..

look under the edit tab at the top of the editor window

Tuner
    I did that and there's no VE button. There's one for virtual torque, but that's it.

Does your customer car have a 2 bar operating system already applied to the computer?

If it does then the VVE is removed completely and replaced with 3 new VE tables under the airflow tab. They would be called IMRC open/closed and DoD.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    It's not showing any of that. No IMRC or VVE. It's a Kenne Bell car with the 525 3bar map sensor.
    Yes I do have it set to advanced. Been tuning for 10 years so I'm not completely new, but I don't tune every day.

Post the file please.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Seelman 7.29.19 rev1 416swap ID850 info.hpt
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post the file please.
    Ive probably got a serious brain fart going on here, but I'm not seeing anything for tuning VE. I don't think it's in the file though, as I've had the functions before. I think it's something with the version of software or something.

I'm on a new device as of this year and I don't have access to all of my old files. I can't go back and compare anything.

Advanced Tuner
    VE.jpg VE 2.png

The vehicle is already using a 2 bar OS

Tuner
    I did see the IMRC stuff now, but I don't recall that being the method with any of my other e38 files. Do you guys just set all 3 of the tables the same if its a supercharged M6 car? There's no variable runner in any of the GM V8 stuff that I know of. I've only used that IMRC on ford stuff like the 4.6 Aviator with the manifold solenoid.

Advanced Tuner
    yes set them all the same

Tuner
    I know it was already the 2 bar as it was a car I built several years ago. It just came in for a 416 kit and increased boost, but the last time I tuned an e38 Camaro ws with the old interface. I'm pretty certain it was with the Bluecat tool then, and the other e38's I've done since going to the new interface havent been boosted, so I appreciate the clarification and help! Sucks to feel like the new guy all the time, but I don't get to tune often enough to stay on top of all the changes.. I usually only tune the vehicles that we build in our shop, so..

Thanks!!