Thread: help with new setup C5 LS1 TOo LEAN TO DRIVE TO DYNO

Potential Tuner

help with new setup C5 LS1 TOo LEAN TO DRIVE TO DYNO

Hello guys,

I tried before and was not able to get my car any richer. What can I change easily to add fuel so I can drive the car to the dyno tuner. seems the warmer it is the quicker it goes lean. 2001 c5 68k miles 6spd just added bbk cai kooks 1 7/8 long tubes 3 inch kooks x pipe off road into hooker blackheart 3in w mufflers BTR stage 3 cam dual springs hardened push rods etc. I seen a few other posts about adding 5% to the maf and primary ve table. will this add fuel? once it starts to warm up my wideband goes off the gauge lean and it wont stay running and is not happy. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Airflow tables control fuel. The more that is added to the table, the more fuel it will give.

Just adding headers should not peg the wideband lean. I'd make sure you have zero vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks pre-o2 sensor and wideband o2 sensor. Use a smoke tester is the best way to make sure nothing is leaking.

If you can verify that and make sure fuel pressure is not a concern, then go ahead and add to the MAF/VE to see if stops leaning out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the info it also has cold air intake and a btr stage 3 cam so I imagine its flowing a lot more air no exhaust leaks car ran perfect before the mods so I would imagine the fuel pressure is still good. should I start with 5 or 10% added to maf and ve ? thanks

Start with whatever you want, it's not going to matter really because you can change things at will.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.