Thread: 4L80E No WOT 1-2 shift

4L80E No WOT 1-2 shift

I am going to try and keep this short. My 2002 Tahoe with 6.0L/4L80e swap would not 1-2 shift at WOT. N/A Gen4 6.0L/97ish 4L80e swapped in. Wired in ISS to appropriate pins at ECU and had support segment swap a 4L80e file for me (had issues doing it that led to support having a to fix). Vehicle drove fine while N/A. Then installed a Turbo and 4.56 rear gear. Upgraded to 2-bar OS and used gear/tire wizard to adjust. Took the vehicle to the track and could not 1-2 shift at WOT. As soon as I let off it will shift. Researched on the forums and it seems a common issue. Adjusted my WOT shift RPMs down in 500 RPM increments and even adjusted WOT MPH down to test also. No amount of adjustment would allow it to shift 1-2 at WOT. After a bit of research and phone calls "technically" I have gotten the vehicle to shift 1-2 at WOT. I set the WOT enable/disable to 100%. Which I believe turned off the WOT tables.. I adjust my MPH the best I could at the time in the Part Throttle tables and it shifts around 6k like we want. Could there possibly be something in the way I segment swapped or OS upgraded that would cause the issue? Is there a table the WOT uses that I cannot see? Or any known issues like this? Although it does work, I am just trying to understand why.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    with older transmission lets say you want to shift at 6000, its advised to have your shift points earlier i suggest around 5700 so it can have time to catchup especially with the added power
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

If you read my (and I apologize) wall of text you will see where I said I adjusted the RPM down in 500 RPM increments and it would still bang the limiter.