Thread: 2017 Mustang Procharged H.O. Idle

Tuner in Training

2017 Mustang Procharged H.O. Idle

I am wondering if someone can take a look at my log and tune and give me any feedback on my idle if it is behaving correctly. My idle was hunting, but now I think I'm close to having it smoothed out. I adjusted torque in MP01 by raising it 12lbs in the top row. That seemed to stabilize idle quite a bit. Spark used to swing back and forth roughly from 15*-30* consistently. I adjust Borderline in the 750 column where i have the Idle set to in tables 00, 01, 02. I know these tables blend together at times so this is why I adjusted those three. It still has minor stumbles but seems to smooth out for the most part. I have attached OEM Calibration as well to compare if needed. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rare5spd; 07-23-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Can someone tell me where the stock timing should be at idle?

Tuner in Training
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Idle is torque controlled so spark at idle can vary form max in BASE N which is usually set to 55-ish all the way down to min. low load spark typically -20.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply Veeefour. The wide range of Idle spark was not what I was looking for. I was looking to see what Idle reads for a factory car when it is up to operating temp. I wanted to compare what mine is currently idling to a factory car. A buddy of mine put a scanner on his friends mustang. Its about 7-8*. I'm not too far off.

Advanced Tuner
    Your idle spark will always be changing, as these setups use variable ign timing to control idle speed, along with airflow control.