Thread: MAF Tuning/fuel table

Potential Tuner

MAF Tuning/fuel table

I have a 2004 Silverado 2500 that I swapped in an ATK HP93 crate engine (460hp/460lbft) at the same time i updated the injectors to 60lb, added an S&B cold air and a Banks monster cat back.

I was able to get a 'driveable' tune by adding the injector data and brought it to a shop for a dyno tune, unfortunately he didn't have 8 lug adapters for his hub dyno so he did a street tune without a wideband instead. For the most part it runs better but it's still not 100%, he did allow me to watch and learn what he was adjusting and gave me some tips.

I've attached my latest drive and tune file, i'm still trying to dial in some low end rich conditions based on the LT & ST fuel trims.
    I was told by the shop to adjust my MAF curve to adjust the rich/lean conditions reported by the trims instead of the Main VE table.

However, I noticed in the log that anytime there is any acceleration or maintained load on the engine it goes in to 'OL - Accel/Decel' mode and doesn't trim anything (assuming this points it back to the VE table instead of the MAF cal); what causes this to switch from closed loop to the open loop accel/decel mode?

Also, this latest tune i dropped the MAF by .9 from 1500hz - 4500hz to get my fuel trims corrected and about 39mins into the drive it went into knock retard at 8? and continued to do this every time this CL/OL mode changed. (I'm assuming i have a pending knock code so it's going to the max 8? every time.)

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, i'm super new to this so please dumb it down too. I plan on getting an AEM wideband soon but would like to correct as much as i can without it for now.

silverado60lbinjbasedrive .9 MAF 1500-4500.hpt
    Drive 5.hpl
    Channel Setup Silverado.Channels.xml
    HPI Injector Data GM-60lb.xlsx
    Last edited by deogey; 07-24-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    OL accel is when the PCM doesn't trim its fueling to commanded. it just uses the MAF and VE data raw.

you need too enable PE a bit sooner to get rid of the ping and disable burst knock.

et a wideband before doing any more

Tuner in Training
    If you're sure you have the correct Injector Data in, I would disable the MAF (for now) and clean up your VE table in Speed Density... then once you're dialed in turn the MAF back on and fine tune... You might like it better in SD anyway (depending on what you use your truck for) As far as timing goes you're going to want to be on a load bearing dyno and for anything WOT you will need a wideband... but you can still get your VE table smooth, part throttle from your fuel trims... Then yeah, gonna need a Wideband.

following