Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mustang GT Whipple manual issue

2019 Mustang GT Whipple manual issue

I have a 2019 Mustang GT with a Whipple Supercharger on a Whipple os. I read out the file and changed the stoich for E85, timing ect and now after 30 sec if driving it limits the tb to like 20? and had no power. I have tried everything to get around it. Anyone know if there is a patch for it?

You need to email hptuners support there is a fix for the issue. Its a whipple safe guard to protect against tampering. They will fix it for you been there done that already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumVelocity View Post
    You need to email hptuners support there is a fix for the issue. Its a whipple safe guard to protect against tampering. They will fix it for you been there done that already lol.
    ^^^

Still waiting on this myself.....would love to make changes but my Whipple OS does not appear to be incorporated into the latest Beta yet. Have a ticket open and they have been working on it.

I am also unable to log anything of reason with the scanner until they get it fixed. No KR/MCT available.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

They sent me a patch and it did not fix so waiting for them to dig deeper

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I haven't flashed mine yet so still running on the Whipple OS until they get the software to identify my OS and patch it. Going to revert the tune back to stock with the Whipple Flare tool prior just in case the HPT fix isn't successful so I can hopefully load the Whipple OS back on if that is the case and keep the car going as-is.

I'm not really wanting to change anything per-se, just log the post blower IAT's, Knock Retard, ect......
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

can you post the whipple file!

Posting the whipple file won't do any good. This is not a tune problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. I haven't flashed mine yet so still running on the Whipple OS until they get the software to identify my OS and patch it. Going to revert the tune back to stock with the Whipple Flare tool prior just in case the HPT fix isn't successful so I can hopefully load the Whipple OS back on if that is the case and keep the car going as-is.

I'm not really wanting to change anything per-se, just log the post blower IAT's, Knock Retard, ect......
    You might consider OS change.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    They sent me a patch and it did not fix so waiting for them to dig deeper
    Did you write entire afterwards??

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You might consider OS change.
    I really do not want to loose the Boost By Gear Feature that the Whipple OS offers, it has proved invaluable on the street/track thus far.

Supposedly they are working on getting the Editor to identify and patch the OS, and keep all the extras operational in the Scanner (Boost/Gear, ect).
    '17 Whipple'd S550

@BoostedYote, any luck with this yet? I have yet to proceed any further as well with mine, no word from support as of yet.
    '17 Whipple'd S550

@BoostedYote, any luck with this yet? I have yet to proceed any further as well with mine, no word from support as of yet.
    96gt4.6 have you made any changes to your file and done a "write entire"?

I really do not want to loose the Boost By Gear Feature that the Whipple OS offers, it has proved invaluable on the street/track thus far.

Supposedly they are working on getting the Editor to identify and patch the OS, and keep all the extras operational in the Scanner (Boost/Gear, ect).

Interesting, do you know how this feature works? Does Whipple use a vacuum operated bypass, like other PD blowers?

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    96gt4.6 have you made any changes to your file and done a "write entire"?
    I have not. I have manually select the ECU to get it to read out, once it reads out it prompts to save the file as usual, then opens the editor. If you try and close the editor without doing anything else, it asks if you want to save the changes, even though nothing was changed.

I have not tried a write entire to see what happens, in fear of locking the car into reduced power mode at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Interesting, do you know how this feature works? Does Whipple use a vacuum operated bypass, like other PD blowers?
    I am able to log basic functions at the moment, and from what I can see, it controls the throttle blade to keep the boost/power at a certain level. Correct, the blower has a vacuum operated bypass. The boost by gear is great, able to hook up on 255 street tires with about 2 lbs in 1st gear and pour all the boost on 2nd onward at the track. All you have to do is floor it on green and the car does the rest! Works great on the street as well so you can hook from a dig/off the light and slowly roll in the power and stay hooked.
    '17 Whipple'd S550

I am able to log basic functions at the moment, and from what I can see, it controls the throttle blade to keep the boost/power at a certain level. Correct, the blower has a vacuum operated bypass. The boost by gear is great, able to hook up on 255 street tires with about 2 lbs in 1st gear and pour all the boost on 2nd onward at the track. All you have to do is floor it on green and the car does the rest! Works great on the street as well so you can hook from a dig/off the light and slowly roll in the power and stay hooked.

That makes sense. Not true "boost by gear", but at least gear based output control.

Anyone know what software Whipple uses to write custom functions into Ford PCMs? I want that power!

They use there new tomahawk flash tool. Its a BIN file

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    That makes sense. Not true "boost by gear", but at least gear based output control.

Anyone know what software Whipple uses to write custom functions into Ford PCMs? I want that power!
    Would be nice for some features for sure. The current setup also requires no re-flash, the changes are instant. Timing/revv limiter/a few others in there that you can change on the fly and not have to re-flash the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumVelocity View Post
    They use there new tomahawk flash tool. Its a BIN file
    2018+ does, however my 2017 came with the older Flare software and cantelope tool from Micromotive. It is my understanding the 2018+ may not have the boost/gear and Flare program specific features like this one does, but I have yet to install a kit on a 2018+
    '17 Whipple'd S550

Wonder if the OP ever got his issue resolved?

Still no word here unfortunately.
    '17 Whipple'd S550