Thread: Incorrect file header error when trying to open log file

Potential Tuner

Incorrect file header error when trying to open log file

Hi, I tried the search function without much help. I have recently gotten set up with an mpvi pro and aem wide band and everything has been working fine. I recorded a log on my way into work today and just went to open it and I am getting an error that says Unable to open file. Incorrect file header. What would cause this issue? I can open a log that i recorded last week just fine. I have not updated anything in the last week and I saved this file the same as I normally do. I am new and still have a LOT to learn. Is there anyway to recover this file so I can review it? Or should i consider it lost. Any idea what happend for this particular file?
    Thanks for any help!

I see you are not getting any help with this. Did you get it figured out? I am having the same problem, but I have found that yesterday's log might not open, but today's will, i.e. it is an intermittent problem, and has nothing to do with the files having been recorded with a previous version of the software or whatever. In reading your post and thinking about this, I read something about the file being corrupt and now am wondering if it might be due to glitch happening while recording, i.e. which possibly could occur with a faulty USB cable. I am going to give that a try. If you learn anything, please post--obviously you are not alone. I am not all that knowledgeable about this either. trying to learn.

Tuner in Training
    Add me to the list. Using the beta version for months now without issue. I can open old files, but can't open a file I recorded three days ago. Nothing odd or abnormal about this scan, other than not opening.

Frustrating.

Edit - just updated to Version 4.4.4 - same problem
    Last edited by b4black; 09-15-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
    2002 Regal GS (3800 Supercharged V6)
    1996 Dodge RAM 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    1982 Buick Grand National
    1965 Hemi Barracuda (43 jr)

3 years later and this still hasn't been solved? I'm running into the same issue