Thread: VE, MAF Tuned, What's Next

Tuner

VE, MAF Tuned, What's Next

It's taken awhile, but I have my fuel trims looking pretty good.

What would be the next step?

It's kinda whatever you want at this point. Having the fuel on point is the key to make anything else you want to do easier.

If that means playing with timing for fuel economy or figuring out what timing curve makes the most horsepower and torque or better 1/4 mile times. Using a dyno there would be ideal to see part of that.

Maybe even making the shifting of the transmission different. As you can see the choices are kinda up in the air and it's up to you to decide.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks. I find it can't even spin the tires. There is a lot of power there, but won't cut loose. What can be done for that?

The car is 3500 LBS with 3.73:1 posi.

If the rear suspension is working good and the tires are pretty grippy, trying to get 300hp to do rolling burnouts won't be easy.

It needs more aggressive gearing like 4.10's/4.56's or add another 50-80hp and ft lbs of torque.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks. My dyno program comes out at 375 ft lbs and 359 HP.

How about the torque management. What does that actually do?

Kills your torque by pulling timing way to far back during shifts or trying to do burnouts. Set your spark vs torque reduction and torque reduction vs spark table to all 0s and see if itll spin tires

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 3strokeEngine View Post
    Kills your torque by pulling timing way to far back during shifts or trying to do burnouts. Set your spark vs torque reduction and torque reduction vs spark table to all 0s and see if itll spin tires
    Thanks.
    Will check it out.