Thread: 19 Mustang - false traction control event closing throttle

Tuner in Training

19 Mustang - false traction control event closing throttle

Hey guys

This one is beating me up - I keep getting a "traction control" torque source and throttle closure with this Edelbrock blown mustang, however we are definitively not breaking traction (or anywhere near it)

Issue is super present in 1st, bad in 2nd, less so in the 3rd but still there - haven't noticed in 4th.

I have tried tweaking traction airmass percentages, fuel and spark torque cut ratio etc to no avail - I know these would have just been a bandaid anyway as need to get to the bottom of the actual cause of the false traction control event.

9:03 in log

If I simply flick the traction switch off - no throttle closure or traction event (9:04 log) . - flick TC back on, throttle closure (9.05 log)

Log attached - and screenshot.

I thought I was onto something logging driven wheel speed vs actual and saw a minor diff. I used IDS / FORSCAN to go back and recalibrate the speedo with tire revs per mile etc in the BCM, and then flashed my file back in (as this car also had different wheels fitted) but to no avail.

tyres are 295/35/20 and decently sticky

It does have magneride suspension fwiw

Any ideas anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hi Rob

How did you get on with this one?
    I'm currently facing similar false traction events in a Gen3 Coyote swapped Ranger Raptor. Trying to nail exactly what is causing this false traction/stability event.
    Unlikely the same issue but worth asking if you got to the bottom of this...

Cheers mate

Advanced Tuner
    I have a similar problem, except mine does it with TC off as well. I lowered my wot torque demand closer to engine torque and it seems manageable now. Could be some “torque source” vcmscanner coding error there I believe.