Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Mustang GT Ford Racing 2.3 SC Surging

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    Attachment 92405

give this a test
    This is the original calibration I posted.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    When you say you adjusted the SD tables, you adjusted the offset, slope, and quandratic term for this? After reading this a couple of times, it got me thinking. I compared the load calculations and valve events at the currently targeted MPs for the current VCT scheduled mode in this area, and I can see what you mean, the calculated load is significantly lower and the valve events are targeted for "fuel economy" and low load scenarios. After reviewing the VCT positions at a separate MP with more advance from both sets of camshafts, the calculated load is much higher. I am going to alter the MP selection for this area and see if there is an improvement to get calculated load back on track as well as a possible improvement to the surging situation. I have tried A LOT to get this resolved, with no improvements. I am willing to try everything at this point.

Kris
    yes, I used HP tuners speed density calculator for the most part because it's so easy. I just viewed the map in 3d to see the shape, then switched to numbers and increased the 3000RPM row and smoothed for example. I later made changes directly in the speed density parameters (and watched the 3d map) to make more adjustments.
    The calculator isn't perfect, it will calc spikes at either ends of the curve sometimes. The car will most likely never see those conditions but I did the manual adjustments to try and smooth those.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    The calculator isn't perfect, it will calc spikes at either ends of the curve sometimes. The car will most likely never see those conditions but I did the manual adjustments to try and smooth those.
    It is what it is and they gave it for free. We had to guesstimate before so we can't complain.

Most calcs are not perfect tbh and you still need some sanity check - this separates "tooners".

Advanced Tuner
    Latest log. Corrected fuel injector data and properly setup the fuel system setup. The surging has changed slightly, I feel like now, I am being directed into a torque or load calc error considering the data I am seeing from this log. Let me know what you guys think.

Kris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    It is what it is and they gave it for free. We had to guesstimate before so we can't complain.

Most calcs are not perfect tbh and you still need some sanity check - this separates "tooners".
    Sorry you took that as a complaint. Hope it helped the guy I was explaining to about my experience with it so he could expect those spikes and maybe also adjust them.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    Sorry you took that as a complaint. Hope it helped the guy I was explaining to about my experience with it so he could expect those spikes and maybe also adjust them.
    Sorry you took my opinion as a complaint but you shouldn't. I was just like you only sharing my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Sorry you took my opinion as a complaint but you shouldn't. I was just like you only sharing my experience.
    No problem, I?m a newbie compared to you guys and always wanting to learn from y?all

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Latest log. Corrected fuel injector data and properly setup the fuel system setup. The surging has changed slightly, I feel like now, I am being directed into a torque or load calc error considering the data I am seeing from this log. Let me know what you guys think.

Kris
    Still lots of IPC and throttle corrections mostly MP3 & MP4. You might be able to troubleshoot more if you logged pedal, DesMAf and DesLoad so you could compare with actuals, that helps me in my limited knowledge. For IPC errors like this, I've been advised that there's not always a clear cut path but it could be torque/ld tables, throttle tables or speed density tables. I tried the first two and saw no real changes with surging until I played with speed density tables like I mentioned before.

Spark can also drive torque values around.

In the snapshot shown, EngBrkTq is above SchTq and you can see IPC spiking and throttle closing in reaction, I've read on here that SchTq should always be the highest of the torques and in my logs I always see EngBrk Tq between ETCTqReq and SchTq.
    I don't know if any of this can help.

kris log 2.JPG
    Stock everything else

Tuner in Training
    BUMPING this thread as I am having the same exact issue on a boosted 16 mustang.

If you look at the log around 35% throttle i get a saw tool pattern in the TQ error and the surging starts.

8-29-2020 93 Tune.hpt
    Anticlunk engaging.hpl