Thread: Idle spark...

Tuner in Training

Idle spark...

Been playing with proportional and derivative numbers under the idle spark torque tables and have absolutely no change in results when it comes to the idle spark. Its giving me a choppy idle in P/N but not a good one. Its makes the vehicle shake like it has a miss when you are sitting. Any ideas on how you go about handling something like this is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by LonBonSilver View Post
    Been playing with proportional and derivative numbers under the idle spark torque tables and have absolutely no change in results when it comes to the idle spark. Its giving me a choppy idle in P/N but not a good one. Its makes the vehicle shake like it has a miss when you are sitting. Any ideas on how you go about handling something like this is appreciated.
    You didn't mention the application or whether it's auto or manual. From the MAP in the trend graph, it looks like there's a new cam in it, spark is all over the chart too. My experience is very limited (NGC4); but to test whether the particular tables are enabled I'd try flattening the middle of the tables by zeroing the torque values between say -100 and plus 100 rpm and log the results.