Thread: 2015 GT3(on3 twins) Calculating Initial MAF Values for Boost

Tuner in Training

2015 GT3(on3 twins) Calculating Initial MAF Values for Boost

Hi all,
    Looking for some pro advice on how to calculate/guesstimate the initial MAF table values for 7psi wastegate spring.

What I have done so far is log EQ error and applied by multiplying %-half into the MAF table but have yet to go into boost as I want to make sure I don't grenade my Coyote. Above 192.x ųs I added 30lb/min as the turbos flow about 20-25 lb/min, so there is some safety cushion.

I've also subtracted 5? of timing from all Mapped Point Tables except MP0 & MP1.

Tuner in Training
    anybody? i have mixed information from this forum, some say you tune the fueling by way of the MAF v period table and others say thats a hack way to add fuel and not the correct way but no one suggests that magical correct way.

My understanding is the MAF can read the higher flow created from boost so i agree, why would i change this? I don't find any tables(i looked through it all) that suggest adding fuel to my engine through a specific load or rpm.

I've seen alot of genius around this forum so i'm hoping someone can chime in, i've read about 14,39389387 posts already, LOL

thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Hahahaha that's a lot of posts you've read. You know I get mixed answers too or at least that's how I read them. Anyways I'm not sure on your engine but I'll explain what I did on my N/A built 5.4 3V. I started by adjusting MAF. Fuel was correct but it screwed up everything due to inflated load. I spent forever going through spark and torque tables and would constantly run into little hiccups. Trying to get IPC torque errors reduced was a lost cause. I tried different methods and Everytime I thought I was going in the right direction It would just randomly get worse or I'd have a bigger issue in a different rpm range. After beating my head against the wall so much that I lost my common sense I decided to start over. This time leaving torque tables and MAF completely stock. Than I adjusted my low &high Injector slopes until my fueling was correct. Drives way better than before and best of all torque errors were in the -50 range vs - or + 300's tuning the MAF. I got my inferred map to match my installed map sensor and made some adjustments to spark. Used another users torque/inverse spreadsheet and now my torque error is -20 max. What confuses me is everyone (along with what I was taught) was to never mess with injectors and use the injector data. Doing it this way makes me wish I started out doing this. I'm not saying it's perfect I still have a minor idle issue and LWFM table is shut off. For some Reason enabling it causes issues no matter how I try to adjust it.

Anyways I know its a different motor/pcm and non boosted but wanted to share what worked for me.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    Hahahaha that's a lot of posts you've read. You know I get mixed answers too or at least that's how I read them. Anyways I'm not sure on your engine but I'll explain what I did on my N/A built 5.4 3V. I started by adjusting MAF. Fuel was correct but it screwed up everything due to inflated load. I spent forever going through spark and torque tables and would constantly run into little hiccups. Trying to get IPC torque errors reduced was a lost cause. I tried different methods and Everytime I thought I was going in the right direction It would just randomly get worse or I'd have a bigger issue in a different rpm range. After beating my head against the wall so much that I lost my common sense I decided to start over. This time leaving torque tables and MAF completely stock. Than I adjusted my low &high Injector slopes until my fueling was correct. Drives way better than before and best of all torque errors were in the -50 range vs - or + 300's tuning the MAF. I got my inferred map to match my installed map sensor and made some adjustments to spark. Used another users torque/inverse spreadsheet and now my torque error is -20 max. What confuses me is everyone (along with what I was taught) was to never mess with injectors and use the injector data. Doing it this way makes me wish I started out doing this. I'm not saying it's perfect I still have a minor idle issue and LWFM table is shut off. For some Reason enabling it causes issues no matter how I try to adjust it.

Anyways I know its a different motor/pcm and non boosted but wanted to share what worked for me.
    no i appreciate your reply. i've tuned in the past a much simpler 0-5v MAF with an SAFC and an innovate LM-1 but it seems with this platform since everyone is not 100% sure they cannot give a factual answer. Or they fear a lawsuit for some guy that copy and pastes a tune and blows an engine. At the same time there are those that take advantage of the situation and sell books, trainings or give you a calculus style quadratic formula which causes even the brightest to dim. I guess thats why the rich guys just pay the $750 for someone to tune it. I'm running out of patience and may have to do the same. Gone are the days of a simple trickery of the MAF signal, lol

Tuner in Training
    The following link coincides with my understanding of MAF transfer function:
    https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...rectly.897172/

The question now becomes where do i increase fuel as a function of airflow and/or load?