Thread: unusal knock reading

unusal knock reading

this is a 2016 s550 with a Gen 5 stage 2 whipple setup 1050id & a JMS fuel pump voltage booster 93 fuel

still learning my way through with these s550 but saw the knock going into overtime when pedal at WOT..data log showing how erratic & have never seen this before has anyone else experience this ?

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by b00sty; 07-26-2019 at 08:15 PM.

That thing is a mess.

Your throttle is barely getting over 30* opening.

You are logging a tone of irrelevant channels, but missing key ones. (WB EQ)

Have you messed with the throttle body tables?

we've set up the tp as per whipple spec sheet & the throttle tables I've used are similar with other whipple set up cars

I can always recheck the voltages again

first run with changes but going in the right direction some small tweaking left but much better

good run.hpl

Throttle is fully opening now, but you are still playing with fire.

It looks like you reduced the knock sensor sensitivity or something, because they are essentially offline.

Above 6500 rpm, for some reason your injector PW falls way off. I'm not sure how it is appearing to maintain EQ with such a drastic reduction in PW. It is right at this point that your MAF signal shows flow reducing, despite WOT throttle and increasing rpms. Not sure if you are pegging the transfer function or have some sort of mechanical limitation. Maybe a speed limiter, even though the logged sources show no limit.

Don't blow that thing up!

need to read & decipher the logging but defiantly not wanting to hand grenade it