Thread: 2016 Silverado 6spd Disable DOD by trans gear

Tuner in Training

2016 Silverado 6spd Disable DOD by trans gear

I've been playing with my convertor lockup and trying to remove some of the annoyances with v4 to v8 mode in part throttle cruising. Is that possible? I know you can do it by MPH.

There used to a drop down table under the DoD table to disable it by gear. The E38 computers had it but now the E92's don't, at least not that I ever found.

The best we can do now and just going into the TCC settings and changing the converter lock up settings there. I have my TCC disabled for gears 1-4 and only have it lock in 5th and 6th. I have also raised the shift mph speeds so that it will not shift into 5th gear until around 45mph and 6th gear at about 50mph. This has helped with around time driving so it can't bog it self down into 5th gear at like 30-35mph anymore.

One other note, I have disabled my DoD/AFM because I don't like it and notice barely any difference in mpg. I can still get low 20's on the freeway and I only avg 12-16 in the city depending on what fuel I use.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.