Thread: Torque Converter Lock & Shift Schedule

Advanced Tuner

Torque Converter Lock & Shift Schedule

Does anyone have a spreadsheet or method for adjusting shift points & torque converter lockup/release? I've tried a few different approaches on the torque converter lockup and I'm running into what I think is overlap causing some issues. I'm having a hard time picturing the best way to adjust as the axis values are different between apply/release and upshift/downshift.

Thanks everyone.

shift and Torque con.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Overlap? Issues? Explain this. You could: 1) Standardize the axis across tables -or- 2) Make a spreadsheet to interpolate the data in order to compare. Or both!!

I tuned my 4C converter with ease.... Personally I drove the car around with the laptop data logging, reviewed the log for RPM @ MPH and adjusted the TCC lockup points in the tune to my preference. Very easy.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, overlap was a poor way to explain. What happens is I run into issues where the torque converter locks and unlocks over and over. Of course in certain ranges I adjusted incorrectly. Same with shifts. I tried to use a sheet I made but think I made it wrong. Is it okay to make the values on the axis the same? I remember trying it and it made it worse.

Advanced Tuner
    I had the same thing happen on an 04. It would happen during deceleration when apply threshold was no met but the release threshold was. TCC slip would go to 500RPM and 0 until I slowed down less than the first release value. These are the values I have on it now. I could apply it a little sooner but this is what I used to get rid of your problem. This is from an 04 with 4.10 gears and a 3400 stall, built transmission. Tune is not 100% finished but I think I'm done with the transmission tab.
    4thshiftandtcc.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I had the same thing happen on an 04. It would happen during deceleration when apply threshold was no met but the release threshold was. TCC slip would go to 500RPM and 0 until I slowed down less than the first release value. These are the values I have on it now. I could apply it a little sooner but this is what I used to get rid of your problem. This is from an 04 with 4.10 gears and a 3400 stall, built transmission. Tune is not 100% finished but I think I'm done with the transmission tab.
    4thshiftandtcc.PNG
    Thank you. This is an 04 as well. I'm going to try it. On a side note I remember now, when I made the axis the same it would throw a second and fourth gear incorrect ratio fault code and the transmission would just shi* peanut butter.