Thread: Nag1 Transmission going into limp mode after new torque converter, help please

Potential Tuner

Nag1 Transmission going into limp mode after new torque converter, help please

So I ordered a 3k-3.2k stall for my 09 challenger rt. Had it installed. One I was called it was ready I went and pick my car up. On the way home it felt like nothing was wrong. I live about 25 mins away from the shop. Once I was home I let car sit for about 1 hr. Then I got back in the car to go for a ride. That?s when the trans Started slipping in 4th gear. It would go into 4th but wouldn?t accelerate just rev rpms. So I took it back to the shop and they told me the tcm need be recalibrated but I can?t find anyone who can actually do that. Then when I go to the shop and check up on the car the guy told me they reset the tcm to see if it would work. But when we went for a drive it went into limp mode. Anyone have any idea what?s the problem. The shop is not doing much to help me except say the tcm need be recalibrated

You sure the fluid level is correct? Trans is very finicky.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Potential Tuner
    I talk to the people at the shop try to get them to show me that the oil level was correct but then he was saying nah he going take it all apart and re do it and go over it and make sure everything is correct. But for past week he was saying I need get the tcm recalibrated for the stall. Witch I didn’t believe because it’s plug and play pretty much. And my tuner said he never heard of that before. I’m getting tune by diablotoona not some newbie. But I hope Monday they get it sorted out.