Thread: New and need advice

Potential Tuner

New and need advice

I have tuned my old 99 with sct pro racer but this is the first time trying hptuners. My car is a manual 2015 Mustang GT and the only mods are a catback and ported 2018 intake. The issue I'm having is it's leaning out fast up top and can't figure out why because it doesn't do it in every gear. any advice would be great. Attached is the current tune and the datalog. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Nothing? come on guys.

Tuner in Training
    I am a complete novice when it comes to Coyote tuning but here are some things i noticed:
    -i see that your running into 6* of knock retard, are you running 87 octane or bad 93?
    -your fuel trims are adding in 24% more fuel so it's already finding it lean
    -you've edited the manifold volume in speed density, was this measured? usually porting is simply smoothing out the inside not increasing volume

hope my beginner flags help you somewhat.

Potential Tuner
    I'm running 93 octane and copied over the mbt to borderline knock. No clue why it's running lean, the manifold is bigger than the stock intake and that appears to be what most put in speed density for manifold volume.

Tuner in Training
    Have you done any MAF tuning after intake change?

Potential Tuner
    Still has the stock intake and throttle body just changed the intake manifold. That should have no effect on the maf

Tuner in Training
    Any update to this? Curious as I will be doing this swap and keeping the stock cai and throttle body as well.