Thread: Need help MAF tuning after CAI installation on 2006 Roush M90

Tuner in Training

Question Need help MAF tuning after CAI installation on 2006 Roush M90

Hey guys, I have installed a Ford Racing CAI out of a 2008 bullitt on my 2006 Roush M90 Automatic. The car has a AEM wideband in the left Header, it goes in VCM via serial. Now I have tried to get the MAF calibrated, but I stuck.

I used the EQ error to correct the MAF (airflow vs. voltage) table. But it won't get better, the car runs lean as hell.
    The idle is also bad.

I'm confused that the CAI has such a big influence, because the MAF stays were it is and there is no change in the diameter. With the original airbox the car runs fine.

I have attached the first log with the CAI mounted (before I did any MAF calibration) and my original tune (I only pulled 5? timing for the log).
    I also attached a log with the original air box, as reference.

I did no long pulls on the log, because it was running so lean!!!

Please someone take a look, what values I need to change to get he car running.

Thanks, greeting from Germany
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sprudel; 07-27-2019 at 03:00 PM.

start by disabling long term trims and use your stft to dial in the lower half of your maf curve, then use the wideband for the uper half, or kick the car into open loop all the time and use your wideband to get the fueling that you are commanding in your base fuel table.

you will need to add about 45% to the entire curve.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks, I will try it with the STFT and disabled ltft. What do you mean with "or kick it into open loop all the time"? Disable close loop by disabling the o2 sensors, or setting the closed loop delay as high as possible?
    Last edited by Sprudel; 07-27-2019 at 05:03 PM.

you have a table called "open loop fuel threshold" set that table to 0 and you wont get any feedback from the o2 sensors.

Tuner in Training
    I can't get the car tuned correct. Here is what I have done to my original file to do the maf calibration via o2 wideband:

Fuel--open loop/Base--OL Fule TPS Thresh-------------> all to zero (closed loop disabeling)
    Spark--Advance--MBT Spark and Borderline Knock---------------> -5 percent over the hole table (prevent any knocking)
    Airflow--general--MAF Voltage------------> added 20% over the hole table (to get near to the rich side)
    Airflow--general-----------> disable MAF adaptation
    Fuel--oxygen sensors--------------> LTFT Disabled

Than I did a ride and applied the correction values to the MAF table by half steps. The problem is that the readings are so unstable that I can not trust in them. Especially the readings in idle are crap and the engine stopped running a a few times.

I get huge spikes on the EQ error ratio, negative and positive.

I can't even get anywhere near to zero with the EQ error Ratio.

Is it possible that I get to much air turbulence with the CAI, so the MAF has faults readings?

That's how the config looks now:
    IMG-20190630-WA0006.jpg

I attached the log after the first correction values were applied.

May someone has a idea how I can get this working?

Your spark is really high.
    often see the spark at 20* max.
    etc torque max at 0 /6000rpm ?
    Manifold Volume really 16 ? Maybe 11....
    Your MAF Failure loads IMRC open and closed are not identical...your IMRC is deleted!!!!!
    MAP at Zero Armass even.....

can you disable LTFT in VCM Scanner while scanning?

Tuner in Training
    So as I thought there are a lot of things messed up with the tune that came with my car. I have attached a Roush original tune for a 2007 M90 (manual gearbox), do you think that it would be the better way to use this original tune (in combination with my transmission setup) as a better starting point???

Tuner in Training
    I now have tested the original 2007 Roush tune (modified with my auto transmission settings + activated cat protection and activated knocking sensors) with my original air box (not the cai).

Please look at the log data, I'm getting much to high cat temperatures (920?C) and the cat protection goes active.

I the original Roush tune the cat protection is deactivated, but I do not want to roast my cat, so I would like to know what max. temp the original cat can handle????

Tuner in Training
    No ideas???

disabled
    maf Adaption
    cot
    LTFT
    Fuelcutoff

do you have enough fuel delivery ?

What about your desired fuel pressure on high load ???

0 ?

What about your VSS pulses and tire revs ????

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    start back where you started before the new intake, measure the difference between your old intake tube and new

say the inner diameter stock was 3 inch and now its 4 inch, you will apply the difference to your MAF GLOBALLY roughly 25% difference.

of course as mentioned, if the basics of the calibration is wrong from meaning your IMRC settings are still stock you will always run into issues.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for reply, but the intake diameter stay the same. Only the Filter is chaged, the original intake tube were the MAF is stayes the same.