Thread: J-Body/Ecotec Injector Pulse Width

Tuner in Training

J-Body/Ecotec Injector Pulse Width

This is probably a dumb question... but I've been trying to figure out how to log fuel injector pulse width... I'm pretty sure that I've run out of injector, but I cant confirm that (every forumula for sizing injectors gives me a different #) with HPT to be sure.

Any tips? Is this even supported? Histograms also dont do anything for me...

not quite answering the question here, but what injectors/mods do you have?? I take it your going lean somewhere

P&P Tuning

go to the table display and right click, then Insert. Injector PW is under the Fuel section.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thx Chris, I talked to Shifted and got it figured out... sure enough, 111% duty cycle.

imphat, look on JBO... its all in my registry.

The Built, Bottled, Spark plug melter. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by owen
    imphat, look on JBO... its all in my registry.
    Tried that earlier, but couldnt find it... I found it under your last name...... BTW, I am assuming you are on the stock injectors... Your mods list does not specify..... BTW, Im diggin the new intake/engine bay pics... Looks nice

P&P Tuning

I had it once... but I can't remember how to do it now.. how do you get it to show injector duty cycle % ?? I can't seem to get it... I know it was easy, but dang. thanks

there is a user defined PID called Injector Duty Cycle. You need to be logging RPM and at least one Injector PW PID for it to work.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Question HP Tuner software

Chris@HPTuners I have a quick question. I am installing 60# injectors in my saturn redline & I need the hp tuner software for this. Am I able to purchase the hp tuner software alone or do I have to purchase a $500.00 tool too?
    It's Not Going Fast That's Fun, It's The Thrill Of Getting There--ahhh, Who Am I Kidding, It's All Fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ION/GONE
    Chris@HPTuners I have a quick question. I am installing 60# injectors in my saturn redline & I need the hp tuner software for this. Am I able to purchase the hp tuner software alone or do I have to purchase a $500.00 tool too?
    you need the software and interface/cable

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    I'm having a lot of trouble with the same.. I can't get my injector duty cycle to log.

I right click on the primary table and go to Insert and in my PID list, under the fuel section there is no pulsewidth listing... even tho I could have swore I saw it before.. wtf? HELP

Tuner
    lol. Its funny, i had injector duty too and lost it. But i do remember removing inj. pw., inserted it again..will test it out again.

Tuner
    i got it, the menu magically reappeared for some reason

you need to make sure you dont have any log files open, when they arent then you can add it to your table , then you can add the guage for it then be sure to save your config

Actually you ecotec folks should find this config to be totally awesome, you should only need to change the wideband to the one you have everything else is set and logging all that can be logged and is worthwhile to be logged