Thread: Cobalt SS SC Intercooler

Cobalt SS SC Intercooler

Has any Cobalt SS SC owners monitored their "Air Intake Temp2" which should be the downstream from the intercooler sensor, to see what the difference is between the primary intake temp and it is?
    I realize when you compress air it's going to generate heat which is the purpose of the intercooler, but mine looks way to high 20-30 degrees higher than the intake, so I'm wondering if this is normal or my intercooler isn't doing its job.

Tuner in Training
    Normal. I'm surprised your not seeing a bigger difference than that under load.

I haven't had a chance to check it under load yet, I just recently noticed it had two temp sensors. If that's normal than I guess the pre-intercooler air is even hotter.

where do you monitor this value?
    2007 Cobalt SS 2.4 5spd SUPERCHARGED

Air Intake Temp2 or PID 2128, if your car has one then you can insert it as a monitored sensor.

Tuner in Training
    your iat1 should be lower then your iat2. usually about 30-40 degrees depending on where you live. underload it can get above 200 degees fast. hence all the cooling mods out there.

If your IAT2 hits 200 degrees even with a 2.5 pulley and no other cooling mods then you have a SERIOUS problem.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_blink View Post
    If your IAT2 hits 200 degrees even with a 2.5 pulley and no other cooling mods then you have a SERIOUS problem.
    Very often it is an air bubble