Thread: 2005 corvette E40 compatability - How to marry an E40 ECU to 2005 corvette using HPT

Tuner in Training

2005 corvette E40 compatability - How to marry an E40 ECU to 2005 corvette using HPT

Can I buy any old E40 to swap into my E40 equipped corvette or are there variances ? How to marry 2005 corvette E40 ECU VIN to donor E40 using HPT suite ? Do I need a tech II to do this or is there a way to do this via HPT ?

thanks Rick

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its a single year product i don't believe you will have issues. you can disable VATS and give it a try
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

There are two Service Numbers for E40s, one for '05 and one for '06 and although they are identical externally and have the same connectors and same pins in the same places they are NOT interchangeable software-wise.

Tuner in Training

How to flash ?

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    its a single year product i don't believe you will have issues. you can disable VATS and give it a try
    How to flash

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same problem somewhat, from what I know you have to link the PIM and the BCM and possibly do a security relearn depending on the car. And yes you need a tech 2 scanner , I believe there might be another way though.

PIM is a GTO-only thing, in everything else in this year range the link between class2 and GMLAN is handled by the BCM.