Thread: Stoich AFR and Spark

Tuner in Training

Stoich AFR and Spark

Hoping you guys can look at my tune and see if something appears "off"......

My car seems to be running HOT over time and that the cooling system can't keep up and keep the car cooled off (radiator) when I'm in the higher heat days (90+ degrees) and do a lot of idling and stop and go traffic.

The car is a 2007 Vette with the LS2, Whipple, boost cam (TSP), blah, blah, blah...... And the car has the E38 ECU..... which has the hard limit on the injector size at 63lb/hr and I'm running FIC 1200's (120 lb/hr)

I know the tuner had to "scale" the tuning because of the hard limit of the E38 ECU and the injectors.

When I looked at the Stoich AFR, it looks as it is Maxed out.....at 32?? SO..... just using my common logic, since the ideal Stoich on my car would be 14.7 and since the injectors are double the max allowed by my ECU....... If the Stoich was doubled, I would think it should be at 29.4?? It seems to me that 32 (as it is in my tune) would create a lean condition being that it would always try to achieve Stoich which would basically be 16.0 to 1??

I'm also not sure about the spark tables and all the "adders" that affect the timing??

Any advice would be appreciated!

Rod Bartholomew 2007 Corvette A6 2 bar OS 227-234-114 Whipple 2.9L FICL1200 flex 3000 stall PG t.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Im mobile right now but the double stoich method is a scaling method. You double the stoich, half the flow rate and half the ivt terms. Lean condition would be do to improper fueling in the tune if there is no mechanical issue such as fuel pressure, vac leak, o2 sensor and such. I would put the wideband in lambda and shoot for a .8 to start and if you don't have one get one. So the timing adder tables. I 0 out the positive portions for iat,ect,and 0 out the afr spark adder and use the ho/lo charts only to control timing