Thread: Another LC-1 problem???

Tuner

Another LC-1 problem???

I have this posted at the innovate forum
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...5980#post25980
    Now heres another question: how can my LT's stay so close to 0 when the damn wb reads pig rich then back to dangerously lean?? The nb O2 numbers coincide with the wb, anywhere from 300 to 1000+. This is happening during lower cruising speeds. Can the car run pig rich/lean without the lt's showing higher/lower numbers?
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Tuner
    TTT - hello, anyone there? Thoughts???
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Are you typing about the normal oscillation around the O2 set point - usually 450 mv, or are you seeing long term lean/rich. Post a log depicting the condition you describe. Also, is your LC-1 programmed to report the afr at 1/6 rate?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    Are you typing about the normal oscillation around the O2 set point - usually 450 mv, or are you seeing long term lean/rich. Post a log depicting the condition you describe. Also, is your LC-1 programmed to report the afr at 1/6 rate?
    Well, when I see longer than normal (and usually never) from 7 to 18-22 afr, I think I have a problem. And the rate I believe is set to 1/6th, but I was curious: should I have the wb reporting in afr or lambda?
    I'm am presently checking to see if I have a mechanical fueling issue so I can post a scan tomorrow. Thanks you for the reply also. What about the led blinking, is it a code and if so, which one???

Report in AFR. The trouble code is in the LC-1 documentation that came with the unit. I don't have it handy, now.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    You should set Analog 2 to Lambda. 0-5 volts, 10-18 afr. Advanced, set to 1/6th. Program. TURN IGNITION OFF OR THE PROGRAMMING GOES AWAY. Did I mention I hate my LC-1 and its going back tommorrow?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    You should set Analog 2 to Lambda. 0-5 volts, 10-18 afr. Advanced, set to 1/6th. Program. TURN IGNITION OFF OR THE PROGRAMMING GOES AWAY. Did I mention I hate my LC-1 and its going back tommorrow?
    Thank you PurplePiss for the reply. I have been hearing alot of that lately. What is your suggestion as to another inexpensive alternative WB for us HPT guys?

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately, the old adage kicks in here. You get what you pay for. I'm trying the LM-1 which should be here tomorrow. I'll report back ofcourse.

I hear the AEM is popular among the import crowd. I was eyeing the PLX unit, but I could not find any comments on it, good or bad.

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Tuner
    Just to bring this up again. More troubles with this pile of sh**. Am i to set it to Lambda or afr? Purplepiss, I cannot use lambda and set those voltages like you say. Analog 2 has the capabilities to set 0-5 volts by way of afr, but lambda is .5~1.5 volts. I even tried the afr setting, but the damn thing has an error code so it seems to not want to program.I am not liking this.
    Read what Klaus had to say:
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...6462#post26462

Advanced Tuner
    I feel for you man. One thing I would do is not use it as the NB also, which means you need to have a bung welded in.

When you are programming it, click on AFR, then use the settings I told you. Behind the scenes, it converts it to Lambda. Nothing to worry about. After you program it, close LMProgrammer, and power down the LC-1.

I would try a free air calibration. Unplug the sensor from the LC-1. Turn the power on and the LC-1 should blink error 2. After 30 seconds of that, turn off. Plug sensor in, turn power on. It should go through the warmup and calibration. If you get an error 2 after that, the LC-1 is toast or the O2 sensor is toast(I doubt it). Note, turning the key to off, doesn't always power down the circuit. i.e. you can listen to the radio with the key to off. You need to yank the key out...

I would then post on their forum for everyone to see, the link to LS1tech.com showing how unhappy people are and ask that you are allowed to apply your $199 you paid for the LC-1 toward a LM-1. My .02.

Tuner
    Just an update guys. bought a new VW sensor, recal'd, programmed and seems somewhat okay. Still rich during warmup even though wb says 14 or so. Now heres something funny: i had logworks running, go wot, error 2 heater open would come up every time, the afr drops to a safe 11.8 or so. Rather have it at 12.5-12.8, but when i get a good wb, i'll tune that.
    So I have to say the lc-1 is junk - OFFICIALLY. Took a while for the damn thing for logworks to even see the new sensor, said it was not alive or something. Several errors seemed to be occurring.
    So, wish me luck on getting any customer satisfaction from innovate. I will not recommend this wb if asked.