Thread: Need help with p0171 and p0174 lean codes.

Tuner in Training

Need help with p0171 and p0174 lean codes.

Hello i dont have a hp tuners and don?t know anyone here in granite falls Wa that has one .

I have a 04 6.0l lq4 stock I have only installed flex fuel injectors 25326903 and a intake tube for the air cleaner
    and the pcm has been programmed for them by psi conversions it program is from a 04 yukon Denali xl 6.0 lq4.
    in my 38 olds coupe and I?ve been fighting this lean code on both banks for a while
    what I?ve done so far is changed intake gaskets and plugs and wires and replaced the 2 vac lines from valve covers to intake and redid the intake tube with 6? of straight pipe before and after the mass air flow I haven?t found no leaks. I had it smoked tested today ant their was no vacuum leaks.
    Fuel pressure is58lbs at idle
    also o2 sencers are new bosh ones the drives o2 bung is welded in at 5 1/2? from the stock exhaust I cut off the flangers and welded on a pipe to clear my frame.
    Passanger side is 8 ? from the stock exhaust where the bung is welded in
    the dip stick and tube is new with the new holley oil pan and gasket.
    Ive noticed the pass valve cover frount where the vac line goes to intake behind the tb it sucks air if you plug it up it will keep producing more and more vac.
    The drivers side has a little blow by coming out of it and I have a hydro boost setup so no vac line their.
    I know it?s running lean when I changed the plugs they was white on the tips.

Oh yea I baught a BlueDriver scan tool that has live data and the ltft are 25 % both banks
    I got to thanking today I have a returnless system with a corvette filter.
    Would that be causing my lean codes at idle?
    I went to a mechanic that used to work for gm he had me unplug a o2 sencer and it read 4.5 when it was unplugged like it had Perfect fuel trims is that normal ?

Sorry for such long post and all the pics but I?m having a hard time getting this fixed it?s kicking my butt.
    I also have the log from the live data but not sure how to post it. And trying to post pics but can?t figure it out.
    I?ve posted on another sight but as usual I get no reply?s on that sight
    Thank you kelly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gksportster; 07-28-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Is their a way to post more then one pic at a time ?

Fuel trims are disable if the o2 sensors are unplugged. So that is why they read zero.

If there are no vacuum leaks, no exhaust leaks pre o2 sensor and that you have at least 2 feet of pipe after the sensor, then I'd be thinking something is wrong with the calibration setup for what you wanted.

If whoever sent you the computer didn't properly change the injector information in the tune, that can cause some of the problems you are seeing. Could be that it wasn't changed at all or the wrong information was put into the file.

A 2004 calibration is already setup for a returnless fuel system.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    They read 0 but the milavolt out put is 4.5
    The mechanic was wanting to put a volt meter and test all the o2 wires going to the pc in and out.
    I figured that wasn’t nessary right now and would get expensive And yea no exhaust leaks before the o2 or after
    I don’t know psi conversions is where I got the computer from at first they set it up for 40 something injectors so I sent it back telling them the part number and what was going on with the lean codes and they changed it to the flex fuel injectors that I have what I have read is 04 they had both return and Returnless
    I talked to a tuner he wanted about a grand to tune it. That’s to much I would just buy the holley terminator or try to learn with hp tuners but I see a lot of problems with the new hp tuners so that’s why I’ve been thanking of the holley but no money right now.
    I’ve talked to a few people they say it should only be 200 they say it can’t be that far off since it’s all stock just maf in different location and o2 not in the exact same place
    Last edited by Gksportster; 07-28-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    At 60 and up
    Ltft are 10 to 22 pos
    Stft-5.2 to2.2 pos I’m looking at a data log that bluedriver live gave me

I forgot to put the o2 sencers I have are for a 5.3 Tahoe since that’s the harness I have and the plug ends on the o2 match it.

Would that matter that I have the 6.0 ?
    Last edited by Gksportster; 07-29-2019 at 12:07 AM.