Thread: tuning a '17 LT1 crate motor

Potential Tuner

tuning a '17 LT1 crate motor

I put an LT1 and 8L90 in my '55 Chevy. I am taking it to The Carb Connection in Kirkland, WA. He uses your software. The problem is that I have no vin, serial numbers, etc as it is a brand new crate motor (11k mi now). Can you assure me that he can get into the ecm for tuning? This is an amazing engine. It just needs a few tiny things changed. Many thanks.

Crate packages like that come with VIN that normally is based around the engine package.

Like it will say some sort of controller number that should match the controller you purchased. Then it will say LT1- XXXX or something like that to match the rest. Past that is doesn't really matter so long as none of the GM computers are locked, which they shouldn't be.

Then it can be read and licensed for the amount required for that controller.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Are we talking about numbers on the back of the ecm or somewhere on the engine itself?