Thread: L76 with 6l80e transmission-swap to ls3/ls7 Maf sensor

Potential Tuner

L76 with 6l80e transmission-swap to ls3/ls7 Maf sensor

I'm just beginning with HP tuner. So what I got is I installed a 2009 L76 and 6l80e into a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. All of the emission stuff and VATS is deleted. We didn't have stock MAF or tube that the sensor sits in. The air intake tube size is 4" and it has a ls3/ls7 MAF installed. I set up IAT sensor Cal, IAT 2 sensor Cal, and airflow vs frequency to a 2010 Camaro specs. I switch the power and ground locations on plug. Also changed timing on high and low octane under spark to 2010 Camaro specs. It will start but then dies after about 10 seconds. I went back in and save tune then changed everything under engine> airflow to 2010 Camaro. It runs now but IAT temperatures go way above 110 degrees and if you snap throttle a few times then it locks out throttle pedal. I did do a record of log and will try to attach to this. I don't know if I went too far on the airflow settings or what. Also right now it has open headers with o2 sensor tied to bottom of headers. I think it maybe running too lean and that is why it shut throttle off. If someone could tell me what my next step should be I would appreciate that.

Force open loop until you get your exhaust together

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JS264 View Post
    Force open loop until you get your exhaust together
    Thank you
    We are getting exhaust done today. I set it into open loop last night. Once it get back from exhaust shop then the tuning starts.

Potential Tuner
    got exhaust on runs good in sd. Now just got to set ls3/ls7 maf up to run. I know my iat is running hot but I'm in Arizona and the sensor is close to radiator but will be moving it back away from radiator. Here is tune and how it runs though scanner8-3-19 354pm.hpl2009 pontiac g8 gt 6.0 with 6l80 12624402 sd dod and tq shut off 8-3-19 310pm.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Also speedometer is off on scanner by 15 mph vs gps. Is there something I need to change? I already changed the tire/gear ratio in wizard. I think scents the speed is off the torque converter isn't locking up right. I have set all desired slip to 0.