Thread: 4L60e slow shifts?

Potential Tuner

4L60e slow shifts?

Hello,

Looking for help diagnosing shifting issues.

I have a 63 C10 with a LS2\4L60e. It seems to have very delayed shifts particualrly going from 1-2 but all gears. At speed, anytime you give it more than about 1/2 throttle it commands 2 but either is going to 1st or neutral.

I don't drive it a lot but one day it was fine, and a week or so later was acting up like this.

63C10 0719.hptc10july31log.Channels.xml

I recently lost the 3-4 clutches in my 4L60E with similar symptoms prior to total 3rd and 4th gear loss. Also accompanied with a P1870 code for slippage. I could drive around all day in a manually shifted 1st or 2nd gear or reverse but 3 and 4 were dead to me. I regret to inform you but a total rebuild was my only course of action to bring my 1999 transmission with over 150,000 miles on it back from half-death.

Any codes from your OBD II connector?

Rick

Potential Tuner
    I don't have any codes being thrown... And as long as I'm part throttle, it does shift in to all gears and this transmission has maybe 2,000 miles on it is all.

Tuner
    I had a quick look all I could se was the TCC duty cycle general, all my boxes are 99 max and 90 minimum, want to try that ?
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    I can try that but several tunes I've compared have the same minimum thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I do suspect it is a transmission issue as opposed to a tune issue. The computer is seems to be commanding shifts at the proper times but the transmission is not responding and shifting correctly. And this all started suddenly from one start of the truck to another without any changes to my tune. There are a lot of high (long)shift time errors on the log and when I floor it, it commands 2nd but actually drops into 1st.

Is there any component(s) in the transmission that could be the cause of this?

Tuner
    That's probably a shift solenoid failing I would think
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    I put in new solenoids. No change in operation. Dang it.

Tuner
    sound possibly like band issues. band comes on in second, goes off in third, comes back on in 4th with 3-4's. if 3-4's are hurt, they will take out band due to overdrive. band cannot hold overdrive alone. new to hptuners , but i do build 4l60's