Thread: Need Help with Tuning 2014 Dodge Challenger 3.6L with RIPP Supercharger

Potential Tuner

Need Help with Tuning 2014 Dodge Challenger 3.6L with RIPP Supercharger

Hi everyone,

I'm, brand new to the forum and hoping I can find someone who can help me with my tuning for my RIPP supercharger install. Currently, there's a RIPP canned tune installed. The motor runs strong, but I'm getting a random multi-cylinder misfire when you let up on the gas/throttle. There's no misfiring when the motor is under load and during heavy acceleration. Sometimes a P0300 code will get thrown, but not always. The shop that did the install insists that everything is mechanically sound with proper spark plug gapping, no vacuum leaks, etc. I'm really hoping the tune just needs some tweaking to cleanup the misfires. I have the tune file that's currently installed and a driving data log if that will help with the trouble-shooting. If you think you can help, I really look forward to hearing from you. I'm very particular about my car so having cut up a perfectly good car and not having run right is killing me. I just want to resolve my issues and start enjoying the car again.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NHChallenger View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm, brand new to the forum and hoping I can find someone who can help me with my tuning for my RIPP supercharger install. Currently, there's a RIPP canned tune installed. The motor runs strong, but I'm getting a random multi-cylinder misfire when you let up on the gas/throttle. There's no misfiring when the motor is under load and during heavy acceleration. Sometimes a P0300 code will get thrown, but not always. The shop that did the install insists that everything is mechanically sound with proper spark plug gapping, no vacuum leaks, etc. I'm really hoping the tune just needs some tweaking to cleanup the misfires. I have the tune file that's currently installed and a driving data log if that will help with the trouble-shooting. If you think you can help, I really look forward to hearing from you. I'm very particular about my car so having cut up a perfectly good car and not having run right is killing me. I just want to resolve my issues and start enjoying the car again.
    i faced a problem with a costumer having the same issue in the end it turn out the injector wires had a very small splice and he replaced it and all went fine
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alshuwaihi View Post
    i faced a problem with a costumer having the same issue in the end it turn out the injector wires had a very small splice and he replaced it and all went fine
    Thanks for that information. I'll have my shop look into that.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NHChallenger View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm, brand new to the forum and hoping I can find someone who can help me with my tuning for my RIPP supercharger install. Currently, there's a RIPP canned tune installed. The motor runs strong, but I'm getting a random multi-cylinder misfire when you let up on the gas/throttle. There's no misfiring when the motor is under load and during heavy acceleration. Sometimes a P0300 code will get thrown, but not always. The shop that did the install insists that everything is mechanically sound with proper spark plug gapping, no vacuum leaks, etc. I'm really hoping the tune just needs some tweaking to cleanup the misfires. I have the tune file that's currently installed and a driving data log if that will help with the trouble-shooting. If you think you can help, I really look forward to hearing from you. I'm very particular about my car so having cut up a perfectly good car and not having run right is killing me. I just want to resolve my issues and start enjoying the car again. Want to know what causes a cylinder to misfire, visit this link for more info
    There is one post related to your issue. Review this reference link for more info. Hope it helps.
    https://www.chargerforumz.com/thread...ilable.184690/

Potential Tuner
    Halo. Can you give stock ripp tune? Thanks!

I've had 3 customers with ripp coils have issues with misfires. If you used their coils put your stock ones back on.