Thread: 6L80E TCM random disconnect at WOT, drops in neutral

6L80E TCM random disconnect at WOT, drops in neutral

2011 Camaro, HCI

Started happening recently.

At WOT the car would drop into neutral sending RPMs to the moon. Thought nuked the tranny, but it drives fine.
    Did some datalogs - when it happens, all the communications with TCM stop, speed jumps to 158mph, the rest of the data freezes.

Thought it was problem with the ground (G106 on the head) - replaced the O-terminal and the problem went away .... for half a day

Just did it again at WOT in 2nd gear.

Anyone had problem like that? I believe TCM is inside the transmission and there is just CAN bus, power and ground going to it, right?

Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner

Did u fix that issue because I have the same on my caprice ss 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MoBoost View Post
    2011 Camaro, HCI

Started happening recently.

At WOT the car would drop into neutral sending RPMs to the moon. Thought nuked the tranny, but it drives fine.
    Did some datalogs - when it happens, all the communications with TCM stop, speed jumps to 158mph, the rest of the data freezes.

Thought it was problem with the ground (G106 on the head) - replaced the O-terminal and the problem went away .... for half a day

Just did it again at WOT in 2nd gear.

Anyone had problem like that? I believe TCM is inside the transmission and there is just CAN bus, power and ground going to it, right?

Thanks in advance.

Power wire from the alternator that goes by the head got really close to the header and was randomly arcing. FML