Thread: e67 and e37 Questions

Tuner in Training

e67 and e37 Questions

Morning or afternoon depending where you are. i build harness's for ecotec 2.0,2.2,2.4 for rails buggies and baja bugs and circle track cars. the 02-06 2,2 i dont have any issues. But i am starting to do alot more of the 2.4 and 2.2 vvt with the e67 and e37. For the e67 i use a 07 cobalt 2.4 pin out and for the e38 i use a 08 cobalt 2.4 and a 08 cobalt for the 2.2 which are pretty much the same. My question is when it comes to the ecm's not all of them are say for that year cobalt or even a cobalt at all may be a malibu or something like that. Some of these e67 are for the v6. on the E38 some are for a 2.4 some are 2.2 not always the 08 cobalt. All i am doing to the ecm is disable the vats change the temps for when fans come on and the rev limiter. other than that its the stock tune.

My question is being that not all the ecm's that i get are for the pin out i use will they work? If not what do i need to do to make the ones that are not for the pin outs i am using do to Work.

Thanks in advance for any help

Make sure the OS matches the engine you are building it for. When you read the tune from the PCM it will tell you the year/engine size/OS that is installed on it. If its not what you are expecting you need to flash the PCM to the correct OS.

With HP tuners you have to have the license for the PCM you are writing to, and also a license for the file you are writing. Its easy if you have all the cobalts unlocked you just license the non cobaly PCM and write entire the OS you want.

Otherwise you can write it with the GM tools. Tech 2 and a subscription to the dealer network for the files will get you what you need there.

Tuner in Training
    Sskev any way you could give me a call
    606 694 0364. I think I got what you are laying down but not 100%.

Also what is the best site for getting pin outs? I tried all data and it was to much money and confusing as he'll to get what I needed

Tuner in Training
    All data has all the pinout info you need. both the E 67, and E37 will do what you want. If you are going to get serious about this project you will need a subscription to tis, and an mdi or other GM tool to put a base cal into a controller and then work from there. Steve

Not sure if you can "write entire" a I4 OS into a V6 model E67 / E38 pcm... (Only Dealer / Tech 2 can)

Tuner in Training
    So i have the 07 cobalt 2.4 e37 unlocked i also have the Malibu 2.4 unlocked can i just write entire the 07 cobalt over to the Malibu and that work. With that change the OS on the Malibu to match the 07 cobalt. Cause that is the pinout i am using for all my 2.4 harness. with the e67 or the e37 actually 37 is 08 but know difference between the 07