Thread: WideBand O2 recommendations for MPVI Standard with a C5 Corvette

Tuner

Question WideBand O2 recommendations for MPVI Standard with a C5 Corvette

Hi guys,

I want some recommendations on setups to install a Wideband O2 sensor (or more than one if necessary) to achieve the following:
    1. I want to have a digital readout AFR gauge (to put it on a column pod)
    2. I want to also have capability to datalog the reading with HP Tuners using an MPVI Standard, which is what I have.

I had a couple of ideas, including:
    1. Getting two separate Wideband O2s (one for the AFR digital guage for the pod, and one dedicated to datalog and transmit to the MPVI Std somehow). I could put each WB O2 sensor on approximate rear O2 locations. I would have to have a O2 threaded nut welded somewhere downstream of the Xpipe.
    2. Getting only one Wideband O2 but that has both capabilities of the AFR gauge and a voltage output to wire it somewhere on the C5 harness that I could tap onto that voltage reading using the MPVI Std.

I need ideas on how to get this voltage signal into the MPVI standard, and recommendations on what wideband hardware to get to make this work. Thanks!!!

C5's used more than one PCM/ECM and the protocol changed in '05.

Tuner
    Let me clarify then that mine is a 1999 C5 FRC manual

Look up "EGR wideband".

You can wire the wideband straight into a 5v circuit on the computer, create a custom channel and log it just like you would if you had the PRO version.

There are many threads and several youtube video's on people using the EGR or AC pressure sensor circuit. The EGR is likely easier if the vehicle has had it removed or is not being used at all from the factory. If the tune file as the EGR master enable/disable switch in the calibration, it pretty simple to get it going.

I use an AEM wideband, they work for me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    The EGR tap sounds perfect since my EGR is gone and disabled, so I can tap into it easily. Now I just have to find the right wideband that can give me both a digital readout gauge display and connect to the EGR circuit.

Aem 30-0300.

EDIT: Why the F is the forum automisspelling A-E-M to Aem?