Thread: Idle surge is driving me insane

Idle surge is driving me insane

i have a idle surge that has got me ready to quit. i have know idea whats causing it it will swing from 700 rpms to 1200 rpms in a big annoying loop until it warms up then it only seems to slightly do it.

its a 2008 ly6 6.0 with vvt delete and a girl scout comp cam and springs in a 69 chevy truck.

truck was tuned by a very reputable shop but the truck is running speed density (my choice plan to turbo soon) and it was tuned in the spring when it was colder (35f-50f ) no the days are 75 to 90

ive got my wide band connected and using afr error to try to pull some fuel out of it because its sitting around -10% error in the cells it hits while idling but when i go int the vve table i paste special multiply by percent and then apply coefficients and copy to the other tables the cells change on the table but nothing seems to change on the next log still around -10% error.

do i have my tune set up to even tune in sd correctly? did i forget to change something? will fueling even cause this ?

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    69 K20 ly6 4l80e np208 currently under the knife

I don?t have my laptop, but are you tuning it with only wideband with O2 sensors turned off ? (They should be)Also are you smoothing the newly changed area prior to multiplying coefficients? (You should) make sure your idle is high enough so the cam can get into its normal pattern, there are several tables (base idle, idle in gear, idle park) that have to be all the same. Try 900 rpm for idle and see how that works to help get it to idle stable enough to tune.
    Last edited by RySmDPT14; 08-02-2019 at 05:11 AM.

im tuning with the long terms closed loop disabled. and im interpolating the new area but im not using the smooth feature. would the calculate coefficients negate my changes without smoothing first? the idle is set above 900 (1100 ish)
    69 K20 ly6 4l80e np208 currently under the knife

base running airflow looks high to me. may try cutting it down ,see if that helps .