Thread: 2004 Dodge Hemi PE help needed.

2004 Dodge Hemi PE help needed.

I'm not new to tuning at all but this is my first Dodge and I'm struggling a little.
    I'm working on a 2004 5.7 Hemi with a small Comp Cam and headers, everything else is stock.

My first challenge was figuring out the Fuel/Air stuff instead of Air/Fuel that I normally deal with tuning GM stuff.
    The truck now starts and drives great, forced open loop had my WBo2 showing everything within 2 or 3%. With it only being a small cam the tune really wasn't off much at all.

I did notice that once I logged closed loop that the fuel trim didn't register at all in some areas , like it was perfect or something. Maybe it was close enough that STFT had it covered, IDK.

PE, for some reason I can't figure out why it's not commanding any until 5000 RPMs. I have searched but have yet to find what I need. It has to be something simple(mostly the tuner).

Anyway, I'm attaching the tune and a short log of a wot run. Any help on PE or guidance on any other part of Dodge tuning will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dewayne

2004 Rumble Bee Final Tune.hpt
    WOT.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    44450 make it 0 not 8160

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    44450 make it 0 not 8160
    WOW! Way too simple.
    Thank you so much!!!!

I've never had this change help with pe, sometimes causes more of a delay setting to 0.

Did it work for your application?

Curious to the Answer also.

I know from my own experience..

Setting the pe enrichment to no higher than .0100 is one thing.

Setting only the delay setting to 0 and voltage down depending on the application, v6 at 1.8 or 2.0 and v8 at 2.8 or 3.0.

Of course actual pe matters too. I'll take a look either way. If this helped than awesome.

I suppose that could have easily fixed the issue, but I would assume the PE enrichment set to .4000 is what is actually delaying it.

Sorry for the delayed response, just haven't been online in a few days.
    This did not do anything for my issue. Finally got back to the truck today and made 2 WOT hits across the RPM range and both times PE did not happen until 5100 or so RPMs.

I'll try lowering and raising PE Enrichment rate the next time I have the truck but the way I understand it thats how fast PE happens once activated, not how soon its activated.
    Last edited by Dewayne Smith; 08-06-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Right. By raising it, it does not make it come on any quicker, especially on these dodge vehicles.

Setting it at .0100 is usually plenty enough to come on instantly.

Actual pe setting is another story. Just talking about enrichment table.

It has to be RPM related, I just can find where/how. If you watch the attached log at 51?? rpms it hits PE but as soon as it shifts to 2nd and the RPMs drop its back to no PE.
    I hope to get the truck back in a week or so for some experimenting. If i find a solution I will post it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dewayne, I believe I found your main problem.

Go under : Airflow / General... BAROMETRIC PRESSURE : (Max Delta Thresh)

Try these settings:

these are from a stock 2014, should work perfectly.

You have it currenty set so high that it's trying to use learning baro (as it's below the set threshold) and not allowing it to go into pe.

Your tps is sitting at like 3.7977 and 3.8025..

your setting at 5600rpms is currently : 3.80392156862745
    so it isn't able to pass that threshold till around 5200
    where it hits between the interpolation of 4416rpms : 3.6667 and 5600rpms: 3.803 and eventually passes it ..

luciddeath thanks for the help. I'll check out those setting as soon as I get the truck back.
    Those Max Delta setting were that way in the stock tune but are now changed and ready to flash in.
    Last edited by Dewayne Smith; 08-10-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Dewayne i hope this does the trick. Good luck bro

Advanced Tuner
    If the baro learn doesn't do it, try setting the torque management>driver demand tables and throttle WOT and Pedal WOT all back to stock and see what happens. It looks like you may have something funky going on there. Also set the WOT set point for PE back to stock.

Curious to see what the issue was when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    If the baro learn doesn't do it, try setting the torque management>driver demand tables and throttle WOT and Pedal WOT all back to stock and see what happens. It looks like you may have something funky going on there. Also set the WOT set point for PE back to stock.

Curious to see what the issue was when it's all said and done.
    I changed the throttle and petal settings trying to engage PE, no telling what all I have out of whack fighting this issue.

I'll post something as soon as I can. The owner has the truck tied up at the paint shop right now.

Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Dewayne, I believe I found your main problem.

Go under : Airflow / General... BAROMETRIC PRESSURE : (Max Delta Thresh)

Try these settings:

these are from a stock 2014, should work perfectly.

You have it currenty set so high that it's trying to use learning baro (as it's below the set threshold) and not allowing it to go into pe.
    The Delta #'s in his tune are OE
    I worked on an 04 today , that was doing the same thing, wouldn't use the PE table till 5100 , it was combination of things, Some where along the way some one changed the PR Boundaries,(same as this bee )Manifold volume was increased to 14l while max airflow was left at stock 350G/S, The Expected pedal table and Power % tables had the same #s as this tune........