Thread: 02 sensor switchpoint tuning/ airflow mode in speed density mode

Tuner

02 sensor switchpoint tuning/ airflow mode in speed density mode

Hello, was wondering how to log 02 switchpoints and airflow mode in speed density. The car is a 2011 Cts-V 427 2.5 bar speed density, twin turbos, id 2000 injectors. I tuned the Ve table and in open loop its run great, when I put it closed loop, stfts are -15-20% and the wideband is reading lean. Car also gets a bad surge only in closed loop. Any help is appreciated!
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner
    So I was able to get the fuel trims down to about -5-10% at idle by changing the Proportional, Integral, Closed Loop Mode vs Airflow, Rich/Lean vs Airflow settings. But, no matter what I change I still end up about 3-5% lean on the wideband and the STFTS are -5-10%. When I started changing these settings, I noticed that B1S1 was slow to switch and B2S1 was switching a lot more and I had on average a 5% STFT difference between the 2 sensors. I replaced one sensor and will be replacing the other tomorrow. During low rpm and mid rpm it drives ok, but at idle, the STFTS start pulling more and more fuel the longer it idles. Not sure why I cant line this up, at this point ive tried every 02 sensor one by one, adjusting it slowly and from one extreme to another just to see the influence each setting has. I think the main problem im having is that the 02 sensor bungs are so far way from the turbos. They are low mount turbos and the 02 sensors are mounted about 18-24" (didn't measure) from the turbos. The bungs are basically behind the transmission. Im thinking that with ID 2000s, the 02 sensors being so far back causing a signal delay, and the turbos possibly stealing some heat from the 02s are my problem. Anybody have more insight? Also when I log lambda vs 02 millivolts its at 1.05 at 150mv and 1.00 at 900mv.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

Move the narrow bands to pre turbo

Tuner
    I agree, but their is no way they can be moved pre turbo. Its a log style manifold in a cts v and their is absolutely no room for them to be pre turbo.

just turn off closed loop for low rpm situations

its pretty common with a cam in any engine that O2 is useless while the engine experiences reversion/lope idle/low speed regions

I don't even use closed loop in performance applications anymore,
    14.7:1 is an emissions target and helps maintain smooth operation,
    yet it is not ideal for economy or performance, so there is no reason to keep narrowband operation if you are tuning for performance and economy using a laptop.

Tuner
    I thought about running it open loop, but I had a lot of time into it already and was determined to find a way to make it work. I replaced the other 02 sensor and that helped a lot. The old 02 sensors were inconsistent sometimes and definitely were part of the problem. After adjusting the proportional and integral settings, I was playing around with the closed loop mode vs airflow, that setting seems to have a lot of influence overall and I was getting the best results by adjusting that.