Thread: Burble Tune Min Spark

Tuner in Training

Burble Tune Min Spark

okay i created a burble tune for my 2008 GT . it works in second gear of manual mode but the problem im having i think is, i cant get the min spark to drop below 5 degrees after i let off the gas. i would like more prominent crackles and pops >can someone take a look and help me out with info.. tune and a log attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dc9scorpioG8; 08-20-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Your minimum spark table is set to 5 degrees, so that is exactly why it can't drop below 5 degrees.

2+2 = 4.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Last edited by dc9scorpioG8; 08-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Your minimum spark table is set to 5 degrees, so that is exactly why it can't drop below 5 degrees.

2+2 = 4.
    so now tell EXACTLY me why it drops to 5 before and after i changed it?? from where it was originally and when it was at 0 there it wasnt doing it as much as id like. I put 5 there because that rpm is close to where my startup rpm maxes and i didnt want any issues there.. 2 x 2 = 4

You asked why the spark advanced won't drop below 5 degrees when you let off the throttle, and I told you why.

ECM Table 12071 is labeled Minimum Final Spark. Because you set every cell to 5 degrees, it will not drop below that even when you let off the throttle and coast. You are telling the computer that is can not drop below that value.

If you want the spark to have any chance at going to 0 degrees or something like -5 or -10 degrees of timing you need to change that tables values to allow for it. Then you can alter the high/low octane tables, the idle spark tables to however you wish.

Your other timing tables have values of zero degrees in several area's that you changed, so once the minimum final spark table is changed see if the computer follows what you request.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dc9scorpioG8 View Post
    i could attack you for your stupid comment but even when i changed those to 0 and what they were originally it did the same thing> foot + me = far up your @$$

if its not helpful dont comment ..
    The best thing for you to do would be to post the tune where you have minimum final spark at 0 and ask the same question. No where in your original post does it say that you tried 0 and its still at 5. He was basing his answer off the info YOU provided, he's not a mind reader. Don't throw a bunch of attitude because you didn't like the answer provided when you gave bad info.

Tuner in Training
    You asked why the spark advanced won't drop below 5 degrees when you let off the throttle, and I told you why.

ECM Table 12071 is labeled Minimum Final Spark. Because you set every cell to 5 degrees, it will not drop below that even when you let off the throttle and coast. You are telling the computer that is can not drop below that value.

If you want the spark to have any chance at going to 0 degrees or something like -5 or -10 degrees of timing you need to change that tables values to allow for it. Then you can alter the high/low octane tables, the idle spark tables to however you wish.

Your other timing tables have values of zero degrees in several area's that you changed, so once the minimum final spark table is changed see if the computer follows what you request.
    Why did it take going back and forth with you to give me info?? Im a new tuner, who didnt know or overlooked something, and you come at me like im stupid. i dont like that 2+2=4 bullshit you pulled.we all started somewhere with system and ive been tuning my g8 for 8 months by myself with no help. thats why i asked on here and uploaded a tune ..

. Now you are speaking of this ECM 12071 table and ive highlighted over everything and dont have that as one of my tuneable options. Its not under any of my Engine>Spark>Advance or Retard Tables.

ill look for the table but i dont see it yet..

still dont know why it took post going back and forth with bullshid to get some type of knowledge or direction..

I have a feeling the file you are viewing is in Basic View.

Click edit, view, advanced. Then the table will appear and so will about 5,000 other tables.

Someone has been is file before then, because from the factory the final minimum spark is not 5 degrees. We can only assume you did the changes, so that I why we (me) came off the way it did.

You can also type that ECM table into the Navigator under the edit tab and it will bring you right to the table as well.

Why did it take going back and forth with you to give me info?? Im a new tuner, who didnt know or overlooked something, and you come at me like im stupid. i dont like that 2+2=4 bullshit you pulled.we all started somewhere with system and ive been tuning my g8 for 8 months by myself with no help. thats why i asked on here and uploaded a tune ..

. Now you are speaking of this ECM 12071 table and ive highlighted over everything and dont have that as one of my tuneable options. Its not under any of my Engine>Spark>Advance or Retard Tables.

ill look for the table but i dont see it yet..

still dont know why it took post going back and forth with bullshid to get some type of knowledge or direction..
    Pretty simple NOT his job to teach you. LOL.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Pretty simple NOT his job to teach you. LOL.
    shuddddduuuuuup nobody asked for your input on communication issues me and him were having.

part of whats wrong with the world now.. chill out and mind your business on the matter if you arent helping.
    this is an HPTUNER Forum . obviously a place for teaching and learning.. give a flying hoot what his job is..

we had misunderstanding,conflict and he helped..

Tuner in Training
    I have a feeling the file you are viewing is in Basic View.

Click edit, view, advanced. Then the table will appear and so will about 5,000 other tables.

Someone has been is file before then, because from the factory the final minimum spark is not 5 degrees. We can only assume you did the changes, so that I why we (me) came off the way it did.

You can also type that ECM table into the Navigator under the edit tab and it will bring you right to the table as well.
    after being an asshole with me at the beginning thankyou Sir. 100

shuddddduuuuuup nobody asked for your input on communication issues me and him were having.

part of whats wrong with the world now.. chill out and mind your business on the matter if you arent helping.
    this is an HPTUNER Forum . obviously a place for teaching and learning.. give a flying hoot what his job is..

we had misunderstanding,conflict and he helped..
    Exactly why no one wants to help. Nice attitude. The, "you owe me something" does not go very far here. Grow up.
    Last edited by jsllc; 08-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Exactly why no one wants to help. Nice attitude. The, "you owe me something" does not go very far here. Grow up.
    attitude, demeanor or whatever.. Just make sure you do your part Making America Great Again by MINDING YOUR BUSINESS..

back to your regular scheduled programming. he helped and i got what i needed..

nobody wanted to help me but he did and you're still mad about something? carry on Sir lololololo 1st time i even asked for help on here...

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, I think you'll find your attitude and approach is in the minority here. Best wishes with your tune, and if you want to solicit help and feedback, you'll get more responses if you lose the attitude.

Tuner in Training
    The tune is we?re I want it now the dude helped already. Rest of y?all are irrelevant lol .. sorry this demeanor that?s in the minority bothers you so much. You don?t have to waste your breath telling me this 😈

Advanced Tuner
    Ironic you find it necessary to waste your breath telling me that, but whatever. It's cool- it's just the internet. Have a great one! (Oh, and I also find you irrelevant, since only 2 of your 8 posts in this thread actually were relevant to your situation- the rest were just you being a d!ck.)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Ironic you find it necessary to waste your breath telling me that, but whatever. It's cool- it's just the internet. Have a great one! (Oh, and I also find you irrelevant, since only 2 of your 8 posts in this thread actually were relevant to your situation- the rest were just you being a d!ck.)
    Hey man you needed to put your 2 cents in and got something in return.

Ironic thru all the bull shidd the main person I had issues with helped. If it?s not tune related leave it alone. Trust me it?s the internet 😈

I was nice the first post and asked for help. He insulted my intelligence with 2+2=4... but you too should MIND YOUR BUSINESS. 😂😂😂

Everything is fine. The chronology of events didn?t have to go the way it did. But the rest of you are irrelevant if it ain?t hptuners related.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Hey man you needed to put your 2 cents in and got something in return. As shown by the president it?s best to be a dick in a world full of pussies.

Ironic thru all the bull shidd the main person I had issues with helped. If it?s not tune related leave it alone. Trust me it?s the internet 😈

I was nice the first post and asked for help. He insulted my intelligence with 2+2=4... but you too should MIND YOUR BUSINESS. 😂😂😂

Everything is fine. The chronology of events didn?t have to go the way it did. But the rest of you are irrelevant if it ain?t hptuners related.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow. Just wow. I'm out. I should have never jumped in this pool. You win, big guy!