Thread: MAF periods .. Wrong ?

Tuner in Training

MAF periods .. Wrong ?

Hey Guys,

first of all i want to thank everyone on this forum, you've been a great help to me even though i'm using a different software for tuning my Mustang ( SCT advantage ) and i've been managing to adapt what i learn here on the software and so far i'm doing good.

i have a 2014 GT A6 with an american racing headers and PMAS intake, i installed the intake first and used the data provided from PMAS to set the maf period and to work on my maf curve. all was good and except my idle was surging and the AFR on my dash would jump from 14 to 14.9 ( sometimes higher ) and drops to mid 13s, never stable and i was told it could be the intake itself causing this issue.

i tried lowering the Spark at idle and still it's never stable, but better so i figured ill leave it to that.

my second issue is when i installed the headers i added 15% to the closed loop time delay only, and did a few datalogs which are acting up on me, some are rich and some are leaner, but it gets better by time.

my main doubt here is my maf periods, could they be wrong in the first place? is there a way to figure which period is right and which should be corrected?

attached a photo of my Curve maf
    mAF.JPG

Tuner in Training
    I don't know why you're thinking that they're wrong but a simple way you can check if the period is being calculated correctly is divide 1 by the frequency/Hertz value it'll then output your period value.

I.e 1/694.93=.0014389

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by suprmario96 View Post
    I don't know why you're thinking that they're wrong but a simple way you can check if the period is being calculated correctly is divide 1 by the frequency/Hertz value it'll then output your period value.

I.e 1/694.93=.0014389

i guess i was a bit too worried

i did put the car on the dyno last night, weather was extremely hot almost 106 degrees. the car put down 393whp with a PMAS intake and the ARH headers only everything else is bonestock.