Thread: Why I read the MAF sensor?

Potential Tuner

Why I read the MAF sensor?

Hi guys!

2010 Camaro L99 with CAI, LTH, 3.91 gear ratio.

I have followed this good tutorial https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196696 updated with last HPTuners software v4.4.4, but I have a problem in the first step (Tune VE table).

I had set the tune file to scan only SD with MAF disabled, but in the VCM scan log I can see the MAF sensor the same that falsify the result. I supposed to read zero

Tutorial settings for disable MAF:
    Engine Diagnostics -> Airflow -> MAF Frequency Fail High = 1 Hz
    Engine -> Fuel -> Cutoff, DFCO -> "Deceleration Fuel Cutoff" -> Enable ECT = 493 ?F
    Engine -> Fuel -> Power Enrich -> "Enable" -> MAP = 75 kPa
    Engine -> Fuel -> Temperature Control -> COT = Disable

Can anyone tell me why I can read MAF that I supposed was disabled ?

mine is failed and I still show a value for it in the log. does it show up in your dtcs?

The MAF is still working because it's still plugged in. Just because the MAF sensor is failed in the calibration doesn't stop it from reporting data.

You are just telling the computer to ignore the MAF when you have set the MAF to fail. Remove the MAF channels from the log you want to stop logging them. You can log the MAF sensor status to make sure it says "No Fail" or "Failed", then you'd know it's in SD or not.

That guide is many years old and seems to have many outdated pictures too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    OK
    You have made a good tutorial. I have to thank you!

Do you want to give me some other updated advice?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by geneass View Post
    mine is failed and I still show a value for it in the log. does it show up in your dtcs?
    I don't touch dtcs. They are stock. I have seen the engine symbol in the tacho.

ok that means its failed, under dtcs set mil on first error so the ecm fails it