Thread: 2010 Challenger 5.7 A5 low WOT spark timing

2010 Challenger 5.7 A5 low WOT spark timing

For some reason, the WOT spark timing is much lower than the WOT Base spark table. As you can see, I also set the WOT Thermal spark table and the VVT MBT tables to match the WOT Base spark table. Also changed the MTB Base table to match. The Tip In Throttle spark table is zeroed out as well. The ECT & MAT temps are low enough not to pull timing as well.

Also the scanner has no torque management, or spark source pids using today's beta. Also tried repolling for supported pids, and deleted the vehicle folder in the scanner folder. The only work around, was to set the minimum spark to the timing I wanted.

And yes. the traction control is turned off. Using 92 octane fuel.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Russ.

Do the torque delta tables have zero effect on torque management correlation? I usually set these to max. Although I know most would say it's unnecessary.

Did the pids have for iat modifier, had a 14 ram with that pid, found it helpful.

I feel like the iat tables correct sometimes without being in the zones.

When I set my timing, I usually raise my minimums to something more desirable in the 3k up range as well, around 13 to 15.. and 0 on the torque reduction table to about 5ish at the top end.

Thanks for sharing your frustration.

Hi luciddeath, tried raising the torque delta tables. No difference in the the timing, still dropping to -8.7*

Russ Kemp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well from what I have experienced with these vehicles negative timing isn't always completely unwanted. But if you're trying to keep it higher I believe the Spark Torque Management Table would be where to start to raise it, or some small adjustments on the Base table as well. I see you said it didn't have any tq management but I'm pretty sure it still uses that table as a base starting point for adjusting downshifts and the like..good luck brother