Thread: Bad knock sensor? or something else. 4.3 truck

Potential Tuner

Bad knock sensor? or something else. 4.3 truck

I getting knock retard at part and full throttle, driving the timing down to nearly nothing, and even off throttle is showing knock retard. The engine isnt tired or noisy at all so I dont suspect an internal mechanical noise to be at fault.
    anyone else have an opinion on this amount of knock retard showing up? Im thinking maybe the sensor is failing. But unsure if anyone else has run into the same situation.
    09 4.3, using TR6 plugs,93 octane, stock timing / fuel maps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RacerX55; 08-03-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Post up the tune file too.

Sometimes you can lessen how sensitive the sensors are and some of the burst knock settings.

Your PE delay is super long too, it can be at full throttle for a long while and still be closed loop. Making it enter PE faster could help remove some of the knock there. And once it does go into PE, it's way rich for a NA engine, likely still the factory settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Added the tune file, still on stock engine tune. Playing with the trans a bit more than anything, but just happened to notice how much KR the engine has going on, it needed plugs anyway, so i threw in some TR6 and tried 93 octane vs 87 just to see what would happen and there was zero change.