Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06GT Eforce disapointing power - no wheelspin

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    I'm glad you got it sorted.

Torque converter shouldn't make it feel slow, it might make the shifts feel more cushioned though.
    Actually small size high stall converter almost always drops 60-120mph time. He might have specific EU problems...

We have somehow different tuning approach here in EU - almost no drag strips, testing/tuning car on autobahn at speeds you guys might not even consider.
    Some guys on FB 6R80 boosted groups suggest stock AT cooler is enough while I literally cook every trans I tune on autobahn in n/a form...might be OK for those 10s.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.

the converter helps to prevent a Little bit wheelspin, even at shifting and feel sometimes a Little slippery - but may be protect the tranny a Little bit. Downshifting is even better. Its a TCI 2500 stall
    Hard accel in 3rd gives some tcs....I think I lower the throttle max/rpm wot to reduce power at start.

I try to optimize it for street use....bigger tires, high flow fuel pump etc....a lot of work and fun.

Check your AT fluid temp - it gets really hot within seconds with high stall at high speed. If AT fluid is really hot TCC will feel spongy and trans might shift ultra hard.

Advanced Tuner
    If your running 90% DC on your injectors I think you should consider going a bit bigger. What did you change in your tune that solved the problems?

I am familiar with the autobahn, I was stationed in Heidelberg from 07-09... I miss it, very cool country. I never had the trans heat issues as my mustang is a manual... brakes on the other hand I cooked a few times

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    If your running 90% DC on your injectors I think you should consider going a bit bigger. What did you change in your tune that solved the problems?

I am familiar with the autobahn, I was stationed in Heidelberg from 07-09... I miss it, very cool country. I never had the trans heat issues as my mustang is a manual... brakes on the other hand I cooked a few times
    So you know the drill

every country has a good side....Germany is not the worst, I think

The injectors maybe fine, because I can drop the duty cycle a lot with higer voltage. the new walpro 255 is already ordered.

then I check the cycle again.

maybe I Play a Little bit around to test some configurations, but the final Setup depends on the fuel System first.

learning to tune is not that easy Thing.....

but I love to collect informations and test it ....not that big Thing to take it to a tuner, maybe next spring I will do that to see, what I have done

I will share my new experience, if I will go further....

Anticipation with LWFM is on my list after fuel system....and logging...a lot.

BTW I ve changed calc map max to 60in Hg , but I cant Change map at Zero airmass in the column axis, so it ended by 31 inHg...
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 10-28-2019 at 01:43 PM.