Thread: Injector Data Issue?

Tuner in Training

Injector Data Issue?

Hey Everyone,

Trying to help a buddy get a decent tune in his stock turbo LS2 Corvette, but nothing seems to be working right with fueling.

There was a "base tune" put in it before it came to me due to the injectors that were installed, but something seems off and I just would like a second pair of eyes to make sure I'm not going crazy.

The fueling is acting very strange, I've added close to 50% () fuel in order for it to almost idle at 14.7 (it's around 15.0ish). Prior it was dead lean and wouldn't run at all.

I've not touched WOT as I can't even get lower RPM / idle to act right.

I believe the injectors are too large for the tune limitations (they're using the double stoich, half the injector flow rate, and half the IVT terms method) and I was told only the VE table (running OL Speed Density) needed to be adjusted, but that the injector data is correct.

Again something just seems off, and before I continue chasing this weird behavior, I wanted to run it by the pros.

Info:
    • LS2 6.0 2007 Corvette (The ECU came out of a 2007 Chevy Silverado)
    • 2-bar map (scaled to read 100kpa at key on)
    • 80mm turbo
    • FIC 1000cc/95lb Injectors

I've attached the current tune file and a short idle. Any blip of the throttle goes lean and dies so I haven't even messed with it further.

Tune: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fdz9j443r...0Idle.hpt?dl=0
    Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtu0o3sdtc97sc6/idle.hpl?dl=0

I had to upload to dropbox as the attachment button kept timing out. I'll try to upload directly later tonight.

Thanks for any help.

So the injector data is not for FIC 1000s. Nothing is right in the injector section. Do not know what it is for. 2x stoic but most likely not correct either. Not a SD tune and appears??? this OS does not support a the needed SD patch (I do not have a lic for this vehicle so it may appear using a Lic. vehicle. An e38 needs the SD patch if it is going to run under boost. If you do not have it will change BARO to some boosted level on a throttle blade change.

Needs some love before you start it .
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for replying. I thought the same thing previously, but this OS has the virtual VE built in that does not require an OS upgrade. I asked about it here previously > https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...s-For-2-Bar-OS

From my understanding, the entire tune requires scaling if you wish to use this size of injectors, but it is not documented very well. The max hard coded size, off the top of my head is 63lb/hr injectors, but I could be wrong.

VVE is not the same as SD. VVE is a formula based VE table. It can only "trend" changes, kind of like an average. Was intended to use as a fail-over if MAF failed. VE (volumetric efficiency) on the other-hand is a cell based table that allows adjustment by cell to any value you choose. Neither of these are SD but VE is close to SD. It uses different inputs, should take into account elevation changes better, and usually has a smoother appearance in table form.

Either way does not fix the issue that the e38 has. With no Baro sensor it adjusts Baro when TB blade goes to essentially zero. On start but also any time during driving, like end of a WOT pull. This means that Baro could end up at 150kpa without the patched OS. e67 does not have this issue as it has a true Baro sensor.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    VVE is not the same as SD. VVE is a formula based VE table. It can only "trend" changes, kind of like an average. Was intended to use as a fail-over if MAF failed. VE (volumetric efficiency) on the other-hand is a cell based table that allows adjustment by cell to any value you choose. Neither of these are SD but VE is close to SD. It uses different inputs, should take into account elevation changes better, and usually has a smoother appearance in table form.

Either way does not fix the issue that the e38 has. With no Baro sensor it adjusts Baro when TB blade goes to essentially zero. On start but also any time during driving, like end of a WOT pull. This means that Baro could end up at 150kpa without the patched OS. e67 does not have this issue as it has a true Baro sensor.
    Thanks, that makes sense, but if this ECU doesn't allow a SD patch to be installed, is it even possible or would we need a different ECU? The only patches I see are (Manifold Vacuum Boost Patch, TCS Patch, TCS Patch 2, VATS Patch 1, and VATS Patch 2).

I'm also stuck on the injector data as I know it's not correct as the ECU max is 63lb/h and have heard that even with the double stoich method it can still be off.

I agree it needs a lot of love, but nothing seems to be adding up. I just wish this ECU allowed plug and play injector data for larger injectors (would make life so much easier).

You could send an email to [email protected] as see if they can put the patch in your OS. You will need to send them complete details of you ECM, found under edit, calibration details, controller.